Possibly Duffers Best

Robin Long

Guest
He was commentating on the Tour of Romandy. Got onto the subject of level crossings and how races
often got stopped by trains. Mentioned how the trains always run on time in Switzerland because of
the clocks. In fact "the clocks are so good, you could set your watch by them."

Now that could take some beating.

Robin (World Cup Chaser failure) Long.

--
I am running the New York City Marathon on 2nd November 2003. If you want to sponsor me go to
www.justgiving.com/runrobinrun or send me a cheque made payable to Multiple Sclerosis Society, Robin

Multiple sclerosis affects around 85,000 people in the UK. Your help may help find answers to the
many questions about the disease.

Thanks, Robin.

Robin Long wrote:
> He was commentating on the Tour of Romandy. Got onto the subject of level crossings and how races
> often got stopped by trains. Mentioned how the trains always run on time in Switzerland because of
> the clocks. In fact "the clocks are so good, you could set your watch by them."
>
> Now that could take some beating.
>
> Robin (World Cup Chaser failure) Long.

This is not strictly a Duffism but........

Personally we hate when he says "The *Spanish/French/ Germans etc* Love their cycling- Go into any
*Spanish/French/German* Bar and you can watch it with the locals etc". We've tried going in many
Spanish Bars during the Vuelta and have to ask to watch the cycling- unless its a town that the race
goes through then, most haven't a clue there is a race taking place!! Good example of not knowing
whats happening..... a few years ago we went into the Tourist office in Plaza Mayor, Madrid to find
out where the final stage started from.... no idea..they phoned someone... no sorry can't help. so
we left and managed to find the finish, where we watched the stage from the next day. When watching
the hi lights on TV , guesss where the stage started from??? Yep . right outside their office.

Jan

---