Post-Christmas weighin...

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Paul & Suzie Be, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Well, after 2 weeks off the diet for Christmas, I went to weighin last week with more than a
    touch of nerves when it came to standing on the scales... but I found the damage wasn't too bad,
    2.5lbs on...

Could have been much worse, the lady that does the tea & coffees had put on 12 pounds! What did she
    have - the WHOLE turkey? <lol!>

So this week I majorly cut back on what I ate, tried drinking much more water, but then got
    prescribed a course of anti-biotics... "oh dear", says the class leader, "not good, you put on
    weight with anti-biotics..."

So last night at weighin I slouched onto the scales, and peered at the screen with one eye whilst
    holding my breath... and I've lost 3.5lbs!! Thats Christmas plus re-inforcements!!

So, thats 11lbs in total, still got a long long way to go, but every pound off should now
    hopefully stay off!

Suzie B
    --
    "From the internet connection under the pier"
    Southend, UK
    --
    Please remove NOSPAM when emailing me!
    http://community.webshots.com/user/suziekga

Tags:

2. Frood

Frood Guest

Excellent work, Suzie! That deserves some cannon-fire!

--
    Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-fang email address to reply

"Paul & Suzie Beckwith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Well, after 2 weeks off the diet for Christmas, I went to weighin last week with more than a
    > touch of nerves when it came to standing on the scales... but I found the damage wasn't too bad,
    > 2.5lbs on...
    >
    > Could have been much worse, the lady that does the tea & coffees had put on 12 pounds! What did
    > she have - the WHOLE turkey? <lol!>
    >
    > So this week I majorly cut back on what I ate, tried drinking much more water, but then got
    > prescribed a course of anti-biotics... "oh dear", says the class leader, "not good, you put on
    > weight with anti-biotics..."
    >
    > So last night at weighin I slouched onto the scales, and peered at the screen with one eye whilst
    > holding my breath... and I've lost 3.5lbs!! Thats Christmas plus re-inforcements!!
    >
    > So, thats 11lbs in total, still got a long long way to go, but every pound off should now
    > hopefully stay off!
    >
    > Suzie B
    > --
    > "From the internet connection under the pier" Southend, UK
    > --
    > Please remove NOSPAM when emailing me! http://community.webshots.com/user/suziekga

3. Krys

Krys Guest

Well done Suzie :) I usually gain (or at least don't lose) when on antibiotics - so I do know what
    she meant. Which makes the loss even more impressive, and even more so for removing that Christmas
    gain in one fell swoop - you go girl!

--
    krys

UK 157/135.2/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 struggling now......but
    making progress.

> Well, after 2 weeks off the diet for Christmas, I went to weighin last week with more than a
    > touch of nerves when it came to standing on the scales... but I found the damage wasn't too bad,
    > 2.5lbs on...
    >
    > Could have been much worse, the lady that does the tea & coffees had put on 12 pounds! What did
    >
    > So this week I majorly cut back on what I ate, tried drinking much more water, but then got
    > prescribed a course of anti-biotics... "oh dear", says the class leader, "not good, you put on
    >
    > So last night at weighin I slouched onto the scales, and peered at the screen with one eye whilst
    > holding my breath... and I've lost 3.5lbs!! Thats Christmas plus re-inforcements!!
    >
    > So, thats 11lbs in total, still got a long long way to go, but every pound off should now
    > hopefully stay off!
    >
    > Suzie B
    > --

4. Yeah, Suzie! Good for you.

--
    Donna in Idaho! Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator Website: http://donnakwilts.tripod.com/ The
    ultimate inspiration is the deadline!

Remove ".remove.invalid" to reply

> 2.5lbs on...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > hopefully stay off!
    >
    > Suzie B
    > --
    > --
    > Please remove NOSPAM when emailing me! http://community.webshots.com/user/suziekga

5. Connie Walsh

Connie Walsh Guest

Suzie:

Wonderful news!! Losing everything that you put on since Christmas even though you were on
    antibiotics. (I didn't know that they cause you to gain weight.) Congratulations!!

Connie

Paul & Suzie Beckwith wrote:
    > 2.5lbs on...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > hopefully stay off!
    >
    > Suzie B
    > --
    > --

--

Cheers,

Connie Walsh

241.5/208.5/155 RAFL 210.5/208.5/198.5

6. Kate Dicey

Kate Dicey Guest

>
    > 2.5lbs on...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > hopefully stay off!

Well done! I'm hoping for maintenance over gain this week...

--

Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

7. Lesanne

Lesanne Guest

Oh good for you. that will be gone in no time.

> 2.5lbs on...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > hopefully stay off!
    >
    > Suzie B
    > --
    > --

8. Fred

Fred Guest

Sounds like nothing got in the "weigh" of your weightloss. Congrats

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:28:02 GMT, [email protected] (Paul & Suzie Beckwith) wrote:

>Well, after 2 weeks off the diet for Christmas, I went to weighin last week with more than a
    >touch of nerves when it came to standing on the scales... but I found the damage wasn't too bad,
    >2.5lbs on...
    >
    >Could have been much worse, the lady that does the tea & coffees had put on 12 pounds! What did she
    >have - the WHOLE turkey? <lol!>
    >
    >So this week I majorly cut back on what I ate, tried drinking much more water, but then got
    >prescribed a course of anti-biotics... "oh dear", says the class leader, "not good, you put on
    >weight with anti-biotics..."
    >
    >So last night at weighin I slouched onto the scales, and peered at the screen with one eye whilst
    >holding my breath... and I've lost 3.5lbs!! Thats Christmas plus re-inforcements!!
    >
    >So, thats 11lbs in total, still got a long long way to go, but every pound off should now hopefully
    >stay off!
    >
    >Suzie B
    >--
    >"From the internet connection under the pier" Southend, UK

9. Sorry about the gain, Suzie, but that's the holidays for you! Now back to being OP ;-D Elaine K

>Well, after 2 weeks off the diet for Christmas, I went to weighin last week with more than a
    >touch of nerves when it came to standing on the scales... but I found the damage wasn't too bad,
    >2.5lbs on...
    >
    >Could have been much worse, the lady that does the tea & coffees had put on 12 pounds! What did she
    >have - the WHOLE turkey? <lol!>
    >
    >So this week I majorly cut back on what I ate, tried drinking much more water, but then got
    >prescribed a course of anti-biotics... "oh dear", says the class leader, "not good, you put on
    >weight with anti-biotics..."
    >
    >So last night at weighin I slouched onto the scales, and peered at the screen with one eye whilst
    >holding my breath... and I've lost 3.5lbs!! Thats Christmas plus re-inforcements!!
    >
    >So, thats 11lbs in total, still got a long long way to go, but every pound off should now hopefully
    >stay off!
    >
    >Suzie B
    >--
    >"From the internet connection under the pier" Southend, UK
    >--
    >Please remove NOSPAM when emailing me! http://community.webshots.com/user/suziekga

10. Laura

Laura Guest

Great job on losing the christmas add on.

> 2.5lbs on...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > hopefully stay off!
    >
    > Suzie B
    > --
    > --

11. Great loss Suzie!
    --
    Brenda
    209/178/150 RafL goal 165

> 2.5lbs on...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > hopefully stay off!
    >
    > Suzie B
    > --
    > --

12. that is wonderful, some medications do cause some people to gain, you are
    one of the lucky ones, good for you, Lee
    Paul & Suzie Beckwith <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > 2.5lbs on...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > hopefully stay off!
    >
    > Suzie B
    > --
    > --

13. Hi, Suzie, I enjoyed reading your post. Nice loss!
    --
    Take Care Catherine
    154/135.8/136 Lifetime 6/99 Next personal goal 133.2

> 2.5lbs on...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > hopefully stay off!
    >
    > Suzie B
    > --
    > --

14. Kristin

Kristin Guest

Hi Suzie... not too shabby girl... you've officially lost a pound since Christmas, right?
    That's great!

--

~Kristin O~
    272/240.8/172

> 2.5lbs on...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > hopefully stay off!
    >
    > Suzie B
    > --
    > --