Post cycling brews

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Buckeyes, Aug 31, 2011.

1. detroitjim

detroitjim New Member

Chocolate milk best post-workout drink, studies say Two recent University of Texas studies have determined chocolate milk can go a long way toward helping one’s body recover from a hard session at the gym, more so than plain milk, sports drinks or even water.

[​IMG]

http://www.readthehorn.com/campus/4634/chocolate_milk_best_post_workout_drink_studies_say

2. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

http://www.readthehorn.com/campus/4634/chocolate_milk_best_post_workout_drink_studies_say

This is very true.

3. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Yup. Chocolate milk can be great after a ride, but after a hot ride in the Sonoran desert, Stella is so satisfying.

4. motofranz

motofranz New Member

I found a great beer that has been around for a while called Pacifico!
    Really smooth stuff.

5. Beersk

Beersk New Member

There is just no rationalization for the demographic they're trying to market to in that commercial. These are the kind of people that drink GOOD beer, not watered down beer with 1 calorie. People who strive for quality in everything they do and consume in life (wait for it...) ALSO drink good beer! Hear that Michelob? You're morons! No reason these people would skimp on their beer of choice.
    But you know what the sad thing is? People drink this crap and they LOVE it. I can get drunk and save on calories! Yippy!

6. Not Sure

Not Sure New Member

MICHELOB ULTRA is DIET BEER.

People who work their ass off to keep their BF% below 10, don't want to consume 300 calories with one beer!

MICHELOB ULTRA allows them to have one beer w/ o going in for lipo-suction.

MICHELOB ULTRA sponsors our team, which puts on 3x as many races as any other within 1000 miles.

MICHELOB ULTRA sponsors several other bicycle race teams, as well as other endurance athletic activities.

So hand -craft me a micro brew, oh bearer of beer-belliness. Only you-- can pedal with one hand.. and one belly.

Mr. Hand-Crafted, Micro Brew, drin--ker---!

7. jpr95

jpr95 Active Member

I challenge you to find me a beer that is 300 calories in 12 ounces (or even a full pint for that matter).

Even Guinness is only about 120 calories in their bottle of 11.2 oz.

If someone is really working their tail off and their body fat is below 10%, a few hundred calories worth of beer is not going to undermine that in one sitting. A six pack every day might (but I doubt that would even really affect someone who bikes a couple hundred miles a week).

It's not that Michelob Ultra is bad, it's just not beer.

8. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter whether a beer is micro-brewed or made in a big factory. If it says Michelob Ultra on it, it's bad beer. Stella Artois has 154 calories in 11.2oz.

9. BlithelyDoubt

BlithelyDoubt New Member

These are not good reasons to consume anything, perhaps especially beer. Some beer companies are enormous corporations whose sole purpose is to get money. So, in that pursuit, they will: lobby the ever loving hell out of congress, cut corners on ingredients, underpay employees, purchase clever ad campaigns to convince everyone that they should loyally consume this product--"see your heroes do", and any other bloody thing they can think of.

So enjoy that "brew"!

10. BlithelyDoubt

BlithelyDoubt New Member

Your avatar is creepy...lol.

11. Beersk

Beersk New Member

Everything you've said up to this point is good, except this. There are MULTITUDES of beers out there with at least 300 calories for 12oz or pint in them.
    http://eatthis.menshealth.com/slide/sierra-nevada-bigfoot-ale

Most high alcohol beers have a lot of calories. Guinness is only about 4%, most people think it's some heavy, filling beer. And these people haven't ever had Guinness either. There is no such thing as "lite" beer. It's a gimmick so that you think you're "saving cals, yo". Light beer is really just very low abv beer. The brewers ferment the beer as dry as they possibly can with as little ingredients as possible, and viola! A low calories beer with about 3% abv, if that.

-------

I don't care if Michelob Ultra sponsors all of your "bicycling" events, it's not beer and you don't like beer if you drink that stuff. What does Michelob Ultra and sex in a canoe have in common? I think you know the answer to that...
    Do I care if I'm below 10% body fat? Hell no, that's ridiculous. I do care, however, not to be over weight. Get caught up in the cycling image, much?

12. Waxhaw403

Waxhaw403 New Member

India Pale Ale or a Landshark Lager

13. whuppingboy

whuppingboy New Member

The other day i had a close call and fancied a mega bowl of Courvisieur Brandy....
    To settle my nerves of course....purely medicinal..you see.

BlithelyDoubt likes this.
  14. Reid2

Reid2 Member

In politics, they say it is who you knew, what counts,

15. shawea

shawea New Member

OK so I actually love good beer and even brew my own, but for when I just finish any ride or any physical activity, I have to admit, I just want a sweeter, pretty simple lager. And frankly PBR just does the trick. Please dont judge me!

16. davereo

davereo Well-Known Member

The only beer on tap at the Assonet Inn. I wont drink beer from cans and bottles when I go out only at home. So when I go to the Inn I drink PBR. Not bad at all the more you drink the better they get./img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif

shawea likes this.
  17. shalini

shalini New Member

Personally I like nice heavy strong beers

18. Monte730

Monte730 New Member

This time of year, I like me some Weyerbacher.. best pumpkin brew ever..

19. Monte730

Monte730 New Member

This time of year, I like me some Weyerbacher.. best pumpkin brew ever..

20. Chavez

Chavez New Member

I used to work for a beer distributor, and I would refer to MGD 64 as "sex in a rowboat" (as in "yeah, I'm ordering you 10 cases of Lite, 5 High Life, 2 sex in a rowboat...") which almost always resulted in big laffs when the bar owner would say "wtf is sex in a rowboat?" - "Oh sorry, I meant MGD 64....f*cking near water"

jpr95 likes this.