Post cycling brews

Oh, anyway - generally, a chocolate milk with a beer chaser. Or vice versa, if that's what the situation calls for.

Originally Posted by Chavez .

Oh, anyway - generally, a chocolate milk with a beer chaser. Or vice versa, if that's what the situation calls for.
Chocolate milk is a great post ride drink/recovery drink. It always hits the spot.

Well after a ride or race, a few beers or a couple of glasses of red will put me to sleep.

Here are just a few my favorite hard to find dark beers; I can't stand the taste of any kind of light or pale beer, if I want to drink **** water I can brew that myself!

I guess my taste in beer is like my taste in coffee-I only drink espresso, can't stand the taste of plain resturant served coffee. I hate to go to around resturants in this freakin town of Fort Wayne In because they don't have the beer selection like I'm use to when I lived in California. So I usually stick with more commonly found dark beers which I don't mind but sometimes I like a change. Here's are a few of the next to impossible to find darks I like: (Tazoo) Dos Perros dark ale; (Sierra Nevada) Ovila Abbey Dubbel; Hopslam; Stone Levitation Ale; Deschutes Hop In The Dark; Full Sall Session Black; O’Fallon Hemp Hop Rye; New Castle Dark; Ohara's Celtic Stout (truly a real old school dark beer); Watney's Dark; [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Bellhaven Scottish Ale; Guinness Foreign Extra Stout (hard to find this one but not the Extra Stout??); Kilkenny Irish Cream Ale; Beamish Red.[/COLOR]

The beer I can find at almost any resturant that I really like is Guinness Extra Stout Draught (my favorite commonly found beer); Beck Dark; Killians Irish Red; Murphys Irish Stout; Negra Modelo (my one and only favorite Mexican beer).

This is the list I compiled over the years of drinking dark beer that when I found one I like a made note of it so I could try to get it again. There are others too I liked but failed to make note of them so I can't remember those. I will try other dark beers if I never heard of it just to see if I like it or not. But some of the common found dark like Samuel Adams; New Castle; Heineken, Michelob; DogFish, Anchor Brewing, and other Amercian dark beers I've had I can't stand.

Back in the 90's my next door neighbor Ken was the Manager of a large Liqour store chain. He would come over my house a few times a month with 20 to 30 different Micro brew beers that were samples. Many of which enriched the soil in my yard but many others were enjoyed. I never did pay attention much to the various brand names and now wish I did. The above post by Froze just reminded me of this. Ken passed away 10 years ago aged 42.

Originally Posted by alienator .

Chocolate milk is a great post ride drink/recovery drink. It always hits the spot.

"Adult Chocolate Milk" is even better ;)

Originally Posted by swampy1970 .

"Adult Chocolate Milk" is even better ;)
If by that you mean, Vivica Fox, Angela Basset, or Gina Torres, then I agree. I don't do desert drinks, though.

Immediately after the ride I do chocolate milk.. it's been proven to be an amazing recovery drink.. but an hour after post ride I wouldn't mind a Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA!

I couldn't decide between chocolate milk or a dark beer after my ride this afternoon, so right now I'm drinking a Sam Adams Chocolate Bock!

This is the earliest I've ever ridden a bike (other than on a dirt bike as a kid) in the year in Indiana! The days are just generally too short, and while my constitution allows me to be out in the cold for extended periods, I don't like to breathe heavily in the cold (I get slime-throat), so I avoid riding then. 56ºF was good enough for me, though, and I was at a good stopping point at work, so I headed home early and headed out.