Post pregnancy cycling

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by LotteBum, Jan 28, 2008.

  1. tim

    tim Guest

    On Jan 31, 7:05 pm, Dave Hughes <spamb...@hired-goons.net> wrote:
    > On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:46:22 -0800, tim wrote:
    > > [1] BITALA

    >
    > And here I thought it was going to be either
    > [1] BILLAV


    Because it looks like a Volvo?

    > [1] BIKWIL


    Black ice kills with indiscriminant loathing?

    > BTW have you managed to either wheely or bunnyhop a bakfiets yet?


    That and the rest.

    I recently declared myself bakfiets trials champion of the universe.
    The chain case is especially good as a bash-guard, although the bike
    is a little front-heavy to balance there for long.

    > (PS Anyone in Sydney with a recumbent and a sense of humour feel like
    > letting Kanangara and me try something a little silly?)


    So very, very afraid.

    tim
     


  2. In aus.bicycle on Thu, 31 Jan 2008 19:05:28 +1100
    Dave Hughes <spambait@hired-goons.net> wrote:
    >
    > (PS Anyone in Sydney with a recumbent and a sense of humour feel like
    > letting Kanangara and me try something a little silly?)


    sure, as long as you agree to mend it if you bend it, and if you are
    under 5'6"

    Zebee
    - who has a small recumbent.
     
  3. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    Likes Received:
    0
    Think I'll stick to feral kitten wrangling, it takes about 2-3 months to break them in and have them fully housetrained for the next 10 -15 years.

    Figured out names yet for the little one yet?
     
  4. LotteBum

    LotteBum New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2004
    Messages:
    1,138
    Likes Received:
    1
    Yep, and once that's over you no longer have to worry about them!

    Yep, we're going with Anna. That was my granny's name and Peanut is due on the same day my granny died 20 years ago.

    Just found out I have some problems with my pelvis which may make getting back on the bike more difficult...?? Not happy Jan.

    LH
     
  5. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On 2008-02-07, LotteBum (aka Bruce)
    was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
    >
    > cfsmtb Wrote:
    >> Think I'll stick to feral kitten wrangling, it takes about 2-3 months to
    >> break them in and have them fully housetrained for the next 10 -15
    >> years.

    > Yep, and once that's over you no longer have to worry about them!
    >
    >> Figured out names yet for the little one yet?

    > Yep, we're going with Anna. That was my granny's name and Peanut is
    > due on the same day my granny died 20 years ago.


    That would be embarrassing if it turned out to be a he. Just don't
    call him Sue.

    --
    TimC
    mathematician, n.:
    Some one who believes imaginary things appear right before your i's. --unk
     
  6. LotteBum

    LotteBum New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2004
    Messages:
    1,138
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trust me, I'd never call a boy Anna. But we know it's a girl...

    Lotte
     
  7. monsterman

    monsterman New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2005
    Messages:
    564
    Likes Received:
    0
    Utterly Australian !!! When she takes off on her bike for the first time, (which with her pedigree is likely to be by the age of 2), you can yell "Goanna!!!!"

    Is there a second name? How about:
    • Vespa
    • Bianc(a)/(hi)
    • (or just go with Celeste)
    • Phixie
    • Vittoria
    • Giordana
    • Duallie
     
  8. Donga

    Donga Guest

    OT: something funny going on with Lotte's posts, maybe with my
    Greasemonkey killfile or with Firefox itself. Lotte's posts are
    visible in the tree, but the posts themselves are hidden, and she's
    not on the killfile. Some people may like this situation, but Lotte
    happens to be my mate! Also, Gags is in my killfile, but I didn't kill
    him and I can't reanimate him??
     
  9. LotteBum

    LotteBum New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2004
    Messages:
    1,138
    Likes Received:
    1
    Smartarse. We figured it wouldn't be an issue because she'll be flogging old men like you on the bike by age 2, so there'll be no need to tell her to "Goanna!".

    Also, we chose the name specifically because it's quite common all over the Western world - didn't want some freak name like Kyeesha, Sheaarna or Kevin. Ahem.

    We were actually planning to name her after you - Christine.

    Lotte
     
  10. On Feb 8, 4:11 pm, Donga <idomybestworkonab...@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > OT: something funny going on with Lotte's posts, maybe with my
    > Greasemonkey killfile or with Firefox itself. Lotte's posts are
    > visible in the tree, but the posts themselves are hidden, and she's
    > not on the killfile. Some people may like this situation, but Lotte
    > happens to be my mate! Also, Gags is in my killfile, but I didn't kill
    > him and I can't reanimate him??


    I sometimes have the same problem, I'd assumed it was a google groups
    problem. Normally the posts appear after a day or two, but I can read
    Lotte's posts so perhaps it's not a google issue. Maybe delete your
    cookies and cache, close, reopen and try again?
     
  11. Donga

    Donga Guest

    On Feb 8, 9:48 pm, lemmiwinks...@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Feb 8, 4:11 pm, Donga <idomybestworkonab...@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > > OT: something funny going on with Lotte's posts, maybe with my
    > > Greasemonkey killfile or with Firefox itself. Lotte's posts are
    > > visible in the tree, but the posts themselves are hidden, and she's
    > > not on the killfile. Some people may like this situation, but Lotte
    > > happens to be my mate! Also, Gags is in my killfile, but I didn't kill
    > > him and I can't reanimate him??

    >
    > I sometimes have the same problem, I'd assumed it was a google groups
    > problem. Normally the posts appear after a day or two, but I can read
    > Lotte's posts so perhaps it's not a google issue. Maybe delete your
    > cookies and cache, close, reopen and try again?


    Thanks, but no, that didn't work.
     
  12. Rachelle Loren

    Rachelle Loren New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 9, 2014
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi people, I got back in my bike shortly after my baby arrived. To encourage others, I've written about it here: http://maman-velo-bebe.tumblr.com/
     
  13. JSWin

    JSWin Member

    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2015
    Messages:
    753
    Likes Received:
    13
    I don't know probably when you feel up to it. Majority would say "ask your doctor". I would think as long as you didn't have any stitches or feel up to it why not. It would be good to get one of those three wheelers and put the baby in the back when they are up for it. Biking is good after but I think walking might be a good exercise to start off with. It works the whole body. Really helps flatten the tummy out.
     
Loading...
Loading...