Post ride meal?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Gman, Jul 29, 2003.

  1. Gman

    Gman Guest

    Tags:

  2. Gman says:

    >So what's your favorite post ride meal???
    >
    >Mine?

    Too explosive - I prefer somethingless volatile.......

    Sorry - someone had to beat Sorni to it.

    Steve ;-)

  3. Gabrielle

    Gabrielle Guest

    On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 17:42:01 -0700, Gman wrote:

    > So what's your favorite post ride meal???
    >
    > Mine?
    >
    > A Sunday morning ride...2-5 hours of tough climbing and then: http://www.pbase.com/image/19768280

    That actually looks yummy right now, with the addition of a couple slabs o' bacon.

    I rode twice today and I'm starvin'!

    gabrielle, systematically devouring everything in the house.

  4. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    > Gman says:
    >
    > >So what's your favorite post ride meal???
    > >
    > >Mine?
    >
    > Too explosive - I prefer somethingless volatile.......
    >
    > Sorry - someone had to beat Sorni to it.

    Totally missed it, Steve -- too busy doing a Homeresque "mmmmmmm, eggggggggggssssssssss."
    {drool.wav}

    Guys I ride with always choose Mexican, but give me a big sloppy che-burger any day.

    Salty Bill

  5. Fredzep

    Fredzep Guest

  6. Jd

    Jd Guest

  7. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    Gman <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > So what's your favorite post ride meal???
    >
    > Mine?
    >
    > A Sunday morning ride...2-5 hours of tough climbing and then: http://www.pbase.com/image/19768280
    >
    > Oh yeah! Gman out

    And keep them ice-cold Hef's a comin.

    I make a mean breakfast burrito. But I like it hot! If I'm not patient enough to cook, then anything
    in the frige or house is fair game.

    Paladin

  8. Gman wrote:
    > So what's your favorite post ride meal???

    For post morning commute: Yorkie and ice cold diet coke. For afternoon rides: Cake with chocolate
    chips. For post evening rides: Pepperoni Pizza with extra pepperoni.

    --
    Dnc

  9. On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 00:42:01 +0000, Gman did issue forth:

    > So what's your favorite post ride meal???
    >
    > Mine?
    >
    > A Sunday morning ride...2-5 hours of tough climbing and then: http://www.pbase.com/image/19768280

    Cake. Especially if I've been round Afan Argoed. The cafe there does a great fruit cake.

    Pork pies are also good, as is pie and chips.

    Huw "Don't really care. Just gimmie food." Pritchard

  10. Jason

    Jason Guest

    "Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 00:42:01 +0000, Gman did issue forth:
    >
    > > So what's your favorite post ride meal???
    > >
    > > Mine?
    > >
    > > A Sunday morning ride...2-5 hours of tough climbing and then:
    > > http://www.pbase.com/image/19768280
    >
    > Cake. Especially if I've been round Afan Argoed. The cafe there does a great fruit cake.
    >
    > Pork pies are also good, as is pie and chips.
    >
    > Huw "Don't really care. Just gimmie food." Pritchard

    Pork PIE!?? You MUST be British.. ughh... :D

  11. On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 13:04:18 -0500, Jason did issue forth:

    > Pork PIE!?? You MUST be British.. ughh... :D

    The problem here is that the noble pork pie has been sullied by the Pork Farms and the Bowyers of
    this world. I'm sure many of the Brits on here will back me up when I say that if you go and track
    down a decent local butcher, or even some bakeries, that you will find a pork pie that will truly
    satisfy your desire for a lump of pig wrapped in pastry.

    Huw "And as for Spar pork pies..." Pritchard

  12. Jason

    Jason Guest

    "Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 13:04:18 -0500, Jason did issue forth:
    >
    > > Pork PIE!?? You MUST be British.. ughh... :D
    >
    > The problem here is that the noble pork pie has been sullied by the Pork Farms and the Bowyers of
    > this world. I'm sure many of the Brits on here will back me up when I say that if you go and track
    > down a decent local butcher, or even some bakeries, that you will find a pork pie that will truly
    > satisfy your desire for a lump of pig wrapped in pastry.
    >
    > Huw "And as for Spar pork pies..." Pritchard

    So.. what DONT Brits stick into a pie?

    P.S. This American loves Brits despite the pie thing...

  13. >Mine?

    >A Sunday morning ride...2-5 hours of tough climbing and then: http://www.pbase.com/image/19768280
    >
    >Oh yeah! Gman out

    Looks good but you forgot the hot sauce.

    Personally, I'm partial to a local Mediterranian joint - The Purple Onion. Either a great big Gyro
    platter or a montser heap o' falafel. I know it's poison - but it rocks.

    We don't have any other 'bamians here, do we?

    -Andrew

  14. Jason

    Jason Guest

    "Gman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > So what's your favorite post ride meal???
    >
    > Mine?
    >
    > A Sunday morning ride...2-5 hours of tough climbing and then: http://www.pbase.com/image/19768280
    >
    > Oh yeah! Gman out

    I usually dont eat anything after a ride. I am losing weight so I eat a big lunch, ride in the
    evening and at most, have a pickle or something at 8:00. It seems to be working too! I have lost 22
    pounds and still going!

  15. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    "Gman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > So what's your favorite post ride meal???
    >
    > Mine?
    >
    > A Sunday morning ride...2-5 hours of tough climbing and then: http://www.pbase.com/image/19768280
    >
    > Oh yeah! Gman out

    Almost anything, but usually:

    The saltiest thing I can find. Salt n' Vinegar chips (crisps for you brits) are a good start while I
    assemble the rest.

    Often it's whatever's leftover from last night's dinner. Lasagna, tacos, burrito, spaghetti, turkey
    burgers, steak sandwich, etc.

    If I'm cooking, it has to be pretty quick and easy: Ramen eggdrop soup (if it's chilly out), some
    kind of egg thing like Gman's but with hot sauce and/or green chili, a big ol' sandwich, grilled
    cheese (several of them), pizza (bbq chicken has been a recent favorite), bagels, cereal...

    Sometimes even a calzone the size of a cat.

    Matt

  16. Clyde_in_tn

    Clyde_in_tn Guest

    >>http://www.pbase.com/image/19768280

    Ohh MAN that looks _-SO-_ good after a tough PT session at the Academy.

    --
    Recruit John G. Eating brown rice, scambled eggs, and brocolli tonight (and 1 Blue moon White
    belgian Ale, just ONE!-)

    "Hell, it can't be more than 105°F heat index today, what you gonna do when it gets HOT out!?!?!?!?!

  17. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "Gman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > So what's your favorite post ride meal???
    > >
    > > Mine?
    > >
    > > A Sunday morning ride...2-5 hours of tough climbing and then:
    > > http://www.pbase.com/image/19768280
    > >
    > > Oh yeah! Gman out
    >
    > Almost anything, but usually:
    >
    > The saltiest thing I can find. Salt n' Vinegar chips (crisps for you
    brits)
    > are a good start while I assemble the rest.
    >
    > Often it's whatever's leftover from last night's dinner. Lasagna, tacos, burrito, spaghetti,
    > turkey burgers, steak sandwich, etc.
    >
    > If I'm cooking, it has to be pretty quick and easy: Ramen eggdrop soup (if it's chilly out), some
    > kind of egg thing like Gman's but with hot sauce and/or green chili, a big ol' sandwich, grilled
    > cheese (several of them), pizza (bbq chicken has been a recent favorite), bagels, cereal...
    >
    > Sometimes even a calzone the size of a cat.

    Ah, I know where you get THAT! (I finished mine four days later back in San Diego. Seriously.)

    Iron Gut Bill

  18. Mark Webb

    Mark Webb Guest

    Now you are talkin' :)