Post ride meal?

Huw Pritchard <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 13:04:18 -0500, Jason did issue forth:
>
> > Pork PIE!?? You MUST be British.. ughh... :D
>
> The problem here is that the noble pork pie has been sullied by the Pork Farms and the Bowyers of
> this world.

Indeed. When the main ingredient next to flour is 'lard', ya gotta be concerned........

> I'm sure many of the Brits on here will back me up when I say that if you go and track down a
> decent local butcher, or even some bakeries, that you will find a pork pie that will truly satisfy
> your desire for a lump of pig wrapped in pastry.

Indeed! Go to Norfolk around Melton and Mowbray, find a small butchers, and they will serve you up a
_real_ Melton Mowbray pork pie - pure class!

> Huw "And as for Spar pork pies..." Pritchard

e-e-e-e-e-euch-ch-ch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shaun aRe

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 20:54:27 +0100, "Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 13:04:18 -0500, Jason did issue forth:
>
>> Pork PIE!?? You MUST be British.. ughh... :D
>
>The problem here is that the noble pork pie has been sullied by the Pork Farms and the Bowyers of
>this world. I'm sure many of the Brits on here will back me up when I say that if you go and track
>down a decent local butcher, or even some bakeries, that you will find a pork pie that will truly
>satisfy your desire for a lump of pig wrapped in pastry.
>
>Huw "And as for Spar pork pies..." Pritchard

Must be a proper Melton Mowbray for me ie no bacon, no mechanically recovered "meat" no disgusting
pink colour, just good quality pork, a well browned and crisp hot water pastry , cooked without a
mould so it bellies out around the middle, with a well flavoured jelly oozing from the top.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm pork pie

[email protected] wrote:

> Must be a proper Melton Mowbray for me ie no bacon, no mechanically recovered "meat" no disgusting
> pink colour, just good quality pork, a well browned and crisp hot water pastry , cooked without a
> mould so it bellies out around the middle, with a well flavoured jelly oozing from the top.
> mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm pork pie

I was about to strop up about not being able to get my hands on pork pies in Germany, but then I
remembered, I'm flying in to England tomorrow. Jurassic Park!

-) - sorry, work related newsgroups have rules that require minimal duplication in replies...

Thankfully I actually am drinking a beer after tonights ride

Mark

Mark Webb wrote:

> Thankfully I actually am drinking a beer after tonights ride

MMMmm.... B E E R !!!!! Good Idea, I think I'll join you. How's about a Dunkel Bock... mmm tasty!

Red sauce over pasta with some parmesan and crushed red peppers. And a beer.

Gman wrote:
> So what's your favorite post ride meal???
>
> Mine?
>
> A Sunday morning ride...2-5 hours of tough climbing and then: http://www.pbase.com/image/19768280
>
> Oh yeah! Gman out

Within 20 minutes of ride end, I have 500 mL of organic skim milk and 5 tablespoons of organic table
sugar. Shaken, not stirred. The 1 to 4 protein to carb ratio is very effective at replenishing
glycogen stores.

Then I hit the bottle (Czech pilsner) :)

"Doesnotcompute" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Gman wrote:
> > So what's your favorite post ride meal???
>
> For post morning commute: Yorkie and ice cold diet coke. For afternoon rides: Cake with chocolate
> chips. For post evening rides: Pepperoni Pizza with extra pepperoni.
>
> --
> Dnc

Pepperoni and double mushrooms here.

Peter.

"Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 13:04:18 -0500, Jason did issue forth:
>
> > Pork PIE!?? You MUST be British.. ughh... :D
>
> The problem here is that the noble pork pie has been sullied by the Pork Farms and the Bowyers of
> this world. I'm sure many of the Brits on here will back me up when I say that if you go and track
> down a decent local butcher, or even some bakeries, that you will find a pork pie that will truly
> satisfy your desire for a lump of pig wrapped in pastry.
>
> Huw "And as for Spar pork pies..." Pritchard

Oh man! You're not wrong there. My local butcher does a MEAN pork pie.

Well, that's my tea sorted out, cheers ;-)

Peter.

On 30 Jul 2003 00:42:01 GMT, Gman <[email protected]> wrote:

>So what's your favorite post ride meal???
>
>Mine?
>
>A Sunday morning ride...2-5 hours of tough climbing and then: http://www.pbase.com/image/19768280
>
>Oh yeah! Gman out

Damn, that looks good!

:-]

hate to admitt it but nothing feels better after a long ride than a slice of pizza, a coffee and a
smoke! thats right after I leave one lung on the first half of the trail and the other on the second
and my heart gets out and sits beside me while I eat....

;-).....mark --- ride on|ride hard|keep it rowdy ---

RE/

>It is. I'm smoke free now for 3 weeks, and it's still hell. I eat lots of wine gums though. :)

Take comfort in the fact that it really is hell - and it's not just you....
PeteCresswell