Post ride meal?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Gman, Jul 29, 2003.

  1. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Huw Pritchard <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 13:04:18 -0500, Jason did issue forth:
    >
    > > Pork PIE!?? You MUST be British.. ughh... :D
    >
    > The problem here is that the noble pork pie has been sullied by the Pork Farms and the Bowyers of
    > this world.

    Indeed. When the main ingredient next to flour is 'lard', ya gotta be concerned........

    > I'm sure many of the Brits on here will back me up when I say that if you go and track down a
    > decent local butcher, or even some bakeries, that you will find a pork pie that will truly satisfy
    > your desire for a lump of pig wrapped in pastry.

    Indeed! Go to Norfolk around Melton and Mowbray, find a small butchers, and they will serve you up a
    _real_ Melton Mowbray pork pie - pure class!

    > Huw "And as for Spar pork pies..." Pritchard

    e-e-e-e-e-euch-ch-ch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Shaun aRe

  2. Todd Brown

    Todd Brown Guest

  3. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

  4. Martin

    Martin Guest

    On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 20:54:27 +0100, "Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 13:04:18 -0500, Jason did issue forth:
    >
    >> Pork PIE!?? You MUST be British.. ughh... :D
    >
    >The problem here is that the noble pork pie has been sullied by the Pork Farms and the Bowyers of
    >this world. I'm sure many of the Brits on here will back me up when I say that if you go and track
    >down a decent local butcher, or even some bakeries, that you will find a pork pie that will truly
    >satisfy your desire for a lump of pig wrapped in pastry.
    >
    >Huw "And as for Spar pork pies..." Pritchard

    Must be a proper Melton Mowbray for me ie no bacon, no mechanically recovered "meat" no disgusting
    pink colour, just good quality pork, a well browned and crisp hot water pastry , cooked without a
    mould so it bellies out around the middle, with a well flavoured jelly oozing from the top.
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm pork pie

  5. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    [email protected] wrote:

    > Must be a proper Melton Mowbray for me ie no bacon, no mechanically recovered "meat" no disgusting
    > pink colour, just good quality pork, a well browned and crisp hot water pastry , cooked without a
    > mould so it bellies out around the middle, with a well flavoured jelly oozing from the top.
    > mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm pork pie

    I was about to strop up about not being able to get my hands on pork pies in Germany, but then I
    remembered, I'm flying in to England tomorrow. Jurassic Park!

  6. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > Sometimes even a calzone the size of a cat.

    I need to get back for one of those soon. Are you off any weekdays? CB is a calling...

    JD

  7. Mark Webb

    Mark Webb Guest

    -) - sorry, work related newsgroups have rules that require minimal duplication in replies...

    Thankfully I actually am drinking a beer after tonights ride

    Mark

  8. Clyde_in_tn

    Clyde_in_tn Guest

    Mark Webb wrote:

    > Thankfully I actually am drinking a beer after tonights ride

    MMMmm.... B E E R !!!!! Good Idea, I think I'll join you. How's about a Dunkel Bock... mmm tasty!

  9. Red sauce over pasta with some parmesan and crushed red peppers. And a beer.

  10. Scott

    Scott Guest

    Gman wrote:
    > So what's your favorite post ride meal???
    >
    > Mine?
    >
    > A Sunday morning ride...2-5 hours of tough climbing and then: http://www.pbase.com/image/19768280
    >
    > Oh yeah! Gman out

    Within 20 minutes of ride end, I have 500 mL of organic skim milk and 5 tablespoons of organic table
    sugar. Shaken, not stirred. The 1 to 4 protein to carb ratio is very effective at replenishing
    glycogen stores.

    Then I hit the bottle (Czech pilsner) :)

  11. Peter

    Peter Guest

    "Doesnotcompute" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Gman wrote:
    > > So what's your favorite post ride meal???
    >
    > For post morning commute: Yorkie and ice cold diet coke. For afternoon rides: Cake with chocolate
    > chips. For post evening rides: Pepperoni Pizza with extra pepperoni.
    >
    > --
    > Dnc

    Pepperoni and double mushrooms here.

    Peter.

  12. Peter

    Peter Guest

    "Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 13:04:18 -0500, Jason did issue forth:
    >
    > > Pork PIE!?? You MUST be British.. ughh... :D
    >
    > The problem here is that the noble pork pie has been sullied by the Pork Farms and the Bowyers of
    > this world. I'm sure many of the Brits on here will back me up when I say that if you go and track
    > down a decent local butcher, or even some bakeries, that you will find a pork pie that will truly
    > satisfy your desire for a lump of pig wrapped in pastry.
    >
    > Huw "And as for Spar pork pies..." Pritchard

    Oh man! You're not wrong there. My local butcher does a MEAN pork pie.

    Well, that's my tea sorted out, cheers ;-)

    Peter.

  13. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On 30 Jul 2003 00:42:01 GMT, Gman <[email protected]> wrote:

    >So what's your favorite post ride meal???
    >
    >Mine?
    >
    >A Sunday morning ride...2-5 hours of tough climbing and then: http://www.pbase.com/image/19768280
    >
    >Oh yeah! Gman out

    Damn, that looks good!

    :-]

  14. Supabonbon

    Supabonbon Guest

    Gman <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > So what's your favorite post ride meal???
    >
    > Mine?
    >
    > A Sunday morning ride...2-5 hours of tough climbing and then: http://www.pbase.com/image/19768280
    >
    > Oh yeah! Gman out

    A shot of Turkey 101, a hamburger, a Guinness, another shot, and then sleep. I'm on the Bob
    Roll Diet. /s

  15. Mark

    Mark Guest

    hate to admitt it but nothing feels better after a long ride than a slice of pizza, a coffee and a
    smoke! thats right after I leave one lung on the first half of the trail and the other on the second
    and my heart gets out and sits beside me while I eat....

    ;-).....mark --- ride on|ride hard|keep it rowdy ---

  16. x

    x Guest

    RE/

    >It is. I'm smoke free now for 3 weeks, and it's still hell. I eat lots of wine gums though. :)

    Take comfort in the fact that it really is hell - and it's not just you....
    PeteCresswell