Post ride pain!

frankie3792

Jun 8, 2011
So I'm not sure if this would be the right topic to write this under but I didn't see a thread for "Injuries" so I figured health would be next best. Anyway, I'm 19 and in pretty good shape. I started cycling about a month ago and have been doing like 135 miles a week or so. I used to be a good distance runner in high school but i tweaked my knee once and I just stopped. Switching to cycling is a lot easier on my knee, although no doctors have ever really confirmed exactly what happened to it.. it's not a miniscus tear and they said I'd grow out of it. Anyway, whenever I get off my bike and sometimes even during, the top of both my knees ache pretty bad. like right above the knee cap. Is this possibly because my seat is too high or something?

At 19 you may still be growing and be having some pains because of this. First and foremost, you should have your bike fit checked. Go to a local bike shop and see if they can fit you. Some shops charge for a detailed fit, but for a general - does this look right - kind of fit, I doub't you would be charged.

Go to a pro shop and have them take a look. Knee pain is usually a result of a saddle that is too low - This does not mean that your saddle is too low.