Post your Recipes - with step by step photos

"Damsel in dis Dress" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> On 14 Dec 2005 05:22:42 -0800, [email protected] wrote:
>
>> http://visualrecipes.com/
>>
>> This is a great website for people like me who can't
>> cook.
>>
>> Users can upload photos (max 22) of their recipes being
>> made.
>>
>> A million times better than a list of ingrediants which
>> simply puts me
>> off and there is always something I can't follow. Also
>> these recipes
>> are by "real" people and are therefore more pratical.
>> I'm actually motivated to try some of thies
>>
>> I have no connection with this site and am just hoping
>> people here will
>> upload their recipes as there aren't many on it at the
>> moment.
>>
>> thanks
>> JimBob

> You can do that with a number of free photo services.
> Observe the
> fruitcake folder:
> --

Great pictures, Carol! I wouldn't use fruitcake mix myself
because I don't like peel except fresh or citron but just
use cherries and pineapple.

MoM

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 21:08:44 -0500, ~patches~
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>IMO, personal things should remain that way but others should note that
>>*just* because they are having a bad day doesn't mean others aren't
>>having a bad day only that they choose not to share they are having a
>>bad day.

> I shan't bother you further. Someone who is as emotionally stable and
> under control as you are shouldn't be subjected to a loose cannon such
> as myself. Bye!
>
> Carol

Oh puleease! You know what, I've lurked and read here for ages so I
know you well and your trends. Like talk about on and off! If you
don't like what I post great. So far, you have called me names and
insulted me so hey just because you don't agree with what I post, so go
ahead a killfile. This post was not directed at you but yet you take it
personally so go right ahead and killfile. Like it really bothers me in
the least. FTR, this ng is about cooking not Damsel or et al or their
lives or the things going on in their lives but *cooking*. Others here
have really shitty things they have to deal with in life yet never whine
on and on about it as you or some of your cronies do. So go right ahead
and killfile. While you are at it call me every name you can come up
with and then more like it will really bother me. OTOH, you may just
miss some great recipes or cooking tips as I tend for the most part to
stay on topic. What do I care if you miss anything. You will still be
whining away a long time after I'm gone. I have news for you, you
aren't the end all be all of this newsgroup. Have a good one...

- I'm baking up a load of squash tonight. It will be froze into
individual serving sizes for later use.

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 17:34:07 -0800, sf <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Yahoo and the like is ok, but first you have to know where to find
>>that a particular person's pictures and after you get there the viewer
>>has to sift through a lot of chaff to get to the wheat, if you know
>>what I mean.

> Huh? Do you have problems trying to view my pictures on Yahoo?
>
> Carol

Actually, yes sometimes yahoo won't load then other times it is pissy.
On a good day I can view your pics.

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 02:23:26 +0000, "MoM" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Great pictures, Carol! I wouldn't use fruitcake mix myself
> because I don't like peel except fresh or citron but just
> use cherries and pineapple.

Thanks! I won't be using the mix with my next batch. This was a
decent recipe, but I actually grew up with dark fruitcake. I'm in the
process of reclaiming it. Next month ...

Carol
--

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos

Why do you think a banner advertisement should not be considered an
integral part of a web site?

I got theh free ring tone as part of a "log in" screen when I clicked
on a legitimate link. I wouldn't call it a banner and I can't call it
a popup and it's a BIG concern because it looked like a legitimate part
of the web page. Banner/popups are often carriers of something bad
that will attack unwary users when they click on them (I know because I
spent many days deleting big time trojans from an auxiliary computer in
my house that is for "kids" use). I use a HOSTS file on my personal
computer at home, so I don't usually need to think about those things,
but the computer I'm using now isn't protected by one. Maybe your
computer is protected by a decent HOSTS file - so that's why you don't
care. Most people don't even know what a HOSTS file is.

~patches~ wrote:
> Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
>
>> ~patches~ <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
>> news:[email protected]:

>>> Google. Sorry, I've taken enough flack over this issue and never
>>> tagged the posts in question and right now just don't feel like going
>>> back to find all of them. There were a few. I think it is rather
>>> funny that pics are accepted though one source but not another but
>>> right now it makes no never minds as it saves me the hassel of
>>> posting anyway :)

>> The may be a misconception regarding RFC. RFC is a non binary
>> newsgroup so posting binaries to this group is a no-no. Posting a
>> link is perfectly acceptable AFAIK. ABF is a binaries group where
>> people post the actual pics of the food that they have cooked. I think
>> maybe the confusion you might be having is non-binary vs. binary
>> newsgroups.
>>
>> Michael
>>

> No Michael, at no time did I post an actual pic to this newsgroup. The
> only thing I posted was links where one could if they so chose to click
> on see the pics. So there was no confusion on my part. I've been
> around usenet long enough to know the difference between binary and
> non-binary. The uproar was regarding the posting of links to tinypic
> links to pics of food I cooked and wanted to share. According to some
> here, posting of links to pics is *not* acceptable so I have refrained
> from doing so.

I read that entire thread, and I do not remember anyone saying this.
Link please?

--

saerah

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 04:00:02 GMT, sarah bennett
<[email protected]> wrote:

> ~patches~ wrote:
> >>

> > No Michael, at no time did I post an actual pic to this newsgroup. The
> > only thing I posted was links where one could if they so chose to click
> > on see the pics. So there was no confusion on my part. I've been
> > around usenet long enough to know the difference between binary and
> > non-binary. The uproar was regarding the posting of links to tinypic
> > links to pics of food I cooked and wanted to share. According to some
> > here, posting of links to pics is *not* acceptable so I have refrained
> > from doing so.

> I read that entire thread, and I do not remember anyone saying this.
> Link please?

One word. Sheldon.

I liked the pictures, and so did a lot of other people. Someone has a
martyr complex.

Carol
--

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos

LOL! No way, woman. I'm just saying that I like that web site.

sf
<backing away slowly with hands up>

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 04:00:02 GMT, sarah bennett
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>~patches~ wrote:
>>
>>>No Michael, at no time did I post an actual pic to this newsgroup. The
>>>only thing I posted was links where one could if they so chose to click
>>>on see the pics. So there was no confusion on my part. I've been
>>>around usenet long enough to know the difference between binary and
>>>non-binary. The uproar was regarding the posting of links to tinypic
>>>links to pics of food I cooked and wanted to share. According to some
>>>here, posting of links to pics is *not* acceptable so I have refrained
>>>from doing so.

>>I read that entire thread, and I do not remember anyone saying this.
>>Link please?

> One word. Sheldon.
>
> I liked the pictures, and so did a lot of other people. Someone has a
> martyr complex.
>
> Carol

Ok, I remember Sheldon making fun of her pictures, but I tend to skim
his posts :)

--

saerah

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 04:23:49 GMT, sarah bennett
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Ok, I remember Sheldon making fun of her pictures, but I tend to skim
>>his posts :)

> But Sheldon doesn't represent the group.
>
> Carol

eggzactly!
I love pics of food. tbh, a.b.f. is the reason I paid for a separate
news account when I had dial up :) More fun than cookbooks, because its
*real* food!

--

saerah

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 04:29:03 GMT, sarah bennett
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> > On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 04:23:49 GMT, sarah bennett
> > <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >>Ok, I remember Sheldon making fun of her pictures, but I tend to skim
> >>his posts :)

> > But Sheldon doesn't represent the group.

> eggzactly!
> I love pics of food. tbh, a.b.f. is the reason I paid for a separate
> news account when I had dial up :) More fun than cookbooks, because its
> *real* food!

I have individual.net, so I can't view the binary groups. So I
appreciate the pictures that people post here.

Carol
--

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos

> I love pics of food. tbh, a.b.f. is the reason I paid for a separate
> news account when I had dial up :) More fun than cookbooks, because its
> *real* food!
>
> --
>
> saerah

Confirming:
Is that alt.binaries.food?

Thanks,
Dee Dee

"Dee Randall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> > I love pics of food. tbh, a.b.f. is the reason I paid for a separate
> > news account when I had dial up :) More fun than cookbooks, because its
> > *real* food!
> >
> > --
> >
> > saerah

> Confirming:
> Is that alt.binaries.food?
>
> Thanks,
> Dee Dee

Yes it is! Come join us, we're friendly!

kili

Dee Randall wrote:
>>I love pics of food. tbh, a.b.f. is the reason I paid for a separate
>>news account when I had dial up :) More fun than cookbooks, because its
>>*real* food!
>>
>>--
>>
>>saerah

> Confirming:
> Is that alt.binaries.food?
>
> Thanks,
> Dee Dee

yes.

--

saerah

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams

~patches~ wrote:

> Default User wrote:

> Try googling with my nic and see if you uncover any of the
> controversy.

The only thing I find is that apparently Sheldumb the Idiot had nasty
things to say about the images themselves. Why would listen to him?

Brian

won't shut up.

sf wrote:

> Honestly, that isn't a valid excuse. My mother died on Sunday (I was
> with her) and her memorial is tomorrow, but hopefully I haven't made a
> big deal out of my pain or made anyone here unhappy due to my level of
> personal stress.

My condolences. All the best to you.

On Wed 14 Dec 2005 06:40:07p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it sf?

> On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 18:21:36 -0500, ~patches~
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Right now we are going through a very hellish time and we have a
>> funeral tomorrow and, well you know the list goes on.

> Honestly, that isn't a valid excuse. My mother died on Sunday (I was
> with her) and her memorial is tomorrow, but hopefully I haven't made a
> big deal out of my pain or made anyone here unhappy due to my level of
> personal stress.

Oh, Barbara, I didn't know this. I am sincerely sorry for your loss. I
think the loss of one's mother is particularly devastating, at least it was
for me. My thoughts are with you.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

One time on Usenet, [email protected] said:
> On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 04:00:02 GMT, sarah bennett
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> > ~patches~ wrote:

> > > No Michael, at no time did I post an actual pic to this newsgroup. The
> > > only thing I posted was links where one could if they so chose to click
> > > on see the pics. So there was no confusion on my part. I've been
> > > around usenet long enough to know the difference between binary and
> > > non-binary. The uproar was regarding the posting of links to tinypic
> > > links to pics of food I cooked and wanted to share. According to some
> > > here, posting of links to pics is *not* acceptable so I have refrained
> > > from doing so.

> > I read that entire thread, and I do not remember anyone saying this.
> > Link please?

> One word. Sheldon.
>
> I liked the pictures, and so did a lot of other people. Someone has a
> martyr complex.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed...

--
Jani in WA (S'mee)
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~