Post your Recipes - with step by step photos

http://visualrecipes.com/

This is a great website for people like me who can't cook.

Users can upload photos (max 22) of their recipes being made.

A million times better than a list of ingrediants which simply puts me
off and there is always something I can't follow. Also these recipes
are by "real" people and are therefore more pratical.
I'm actually motivated to try some of thies

I have no connection with this site and am just hoping people here will
upload their recipes as there aren't many on it at the moment.

thanks
JimBob

[email protected] looking for trouble wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> http://visualrecipes.com/
>
> This is a great website for people like me who can't cook.
>
> Users can upload photos (max 22) of their recipes being made.
>
> A million times better than a list of ingrediants which simply puts me
> off and there is always something I can't follow. Also these recipes
> are by "real" people and are therefore more pratical.
> I'm actually motivated to try some of thies
>
> I have no connection with this site and am just hoping people here will
> upload their recipes as there aren't many on it at the moment.
>

> thanks
> JimBob

Interesting site. The cucumber rounds with hummus and yogurt looks
interesting along with Hector's Exorcism Sauce for Chicken Wings.

Michael

--
....Bacteria: The rear entrance to a cafeteria.

All gramatical errors and misspellings due to Ramsey the cyber kitten. He
now owns all keyboards and computing devices in the household and has the
final say on what is, or is not, posted.
Send email to dog30 at charter dot net

On 14 Dec 2005 05:22:42 -0800, [email protected] wrote:

> http://visualrecipes.com/
>
> This is a great website for people like me who can't cook.
>
> Users can upload photos (max 22) of their recipes being made.
>
> A million times better than a list of ingrediants which simply puts me
> off and there is always something I can't follow. Also these recipes
> are by "real" people and are therefore more pratical.
> I'm actually motivated to try some of thies
>
> I have no connection with this site and am just hoping people here will
> upload their recipes as there aren't many on it at the moment.
>
> thanks
> JimBob

You can do that with a number of free photo services. Observe the
fruitcake folder:
--

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos

Thank you for posting the link. Looks like the site has about 214
recipes at the moment. All the recipes on the site can be seen with
this link: http://visualrecipes.com/all-recipes.php

[email protected] wrote:

> http://visualrecipes.com/

Interesting website. Thanks!

> This is a great website for people like me who can't cook.
>
> Users can upload photos (max 22) of their recipes being made.
>
> A million times better than a list of ingrediants which simply puts me
> off and there is always something I can't follow. Also these recipes
> are by "real" people and are therefore more pratical.
> I'm actually motivated to try some of thies
>
> I have no connection with this site and am just hoping people here will
> upload their recipes as there aren't many on it at the moment.
>

> thanks
> JimBob

> http://visualrecipes.com/

> A million times better than a list of ingrediants which simply puts me
> off and there is always something I can't follow. Also these recipes
> are by "real" people and are therefore more pratical.

> thanks
> JimBob

<cough> Jeez, I've been doing that for a few years. Real people?
'sat? More practical than what?
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 12-13-05 - RIP, Gerri

Barb retorted pointedly:

> http://visualrecipes.com/

> A million times better than a list of ingrediants which simply puts me
> off and there is always something I can't follow. Also these recipes
> are by "real" people and are therefore more pratical.
> thanks
> JimBob

<cough> Jeez, I've been doing that for a few years. Real people?
'sat? More practical than what?

Real people are the kind that you make yourself, not the ones that come
in boxes at the store.

And they're practical for people who need help boiling water.;-)

maxine in ri

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 13:47:33 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Interesting site. The cucumber rounds with hummus and yogurt looks
>interesting along with Hector's Exorcism Sauce for Chicken Wings.
>
>Michael

Calling Jill! I found one called Butternut Squash Soup with Andouille
Sausage that I will try after I get home (probably with hot Italian
sausage). Unfortunately, what the garnish is was left out of the
recipe.

Not totally comfortable with the sight yet though. What's with that
get a free ringtone for signing up? Things like that make me
suspicious of potential spyware.

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 07:55:48 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On 14 Dec 2005 05:22:42 -0800, [email protected] wrote:
>
>> http://visualrecipes.com/
>>
>> This is a great website for people like me who can't cook.
>>
>> Users can upload photos (max 22) of their recipes being made.
>>
>> A million times better than a list of ingrediants which simply puts me
>> off and there is always something I can't follow. Also these recipes
>> are by "real" people and are therefore more pratical.
>> I'm actually motivated to try some of thies
>>
>> I have no connection with this site and am just hoping people here will
>> upload their recipes as there aren't many on it at the moment.
>>
>> thanks
>> JimBob

>You can do that with a number of free photo services. Observe the
>fruitcake folder:

I like the fact that it's totally devoted to visual cooking. Fewer
words and more pictures would be even better. ;)

On 14 Dec 2005 05:22:42 -0800, [email protected] wrote:

>http://visualrecipes.com/
>
>This is a great website for people like me who can't cook.
>
>Users can upload photos (max 22) of their recipes being made.

Interesting idea... but then you have to be organised enough to take
the photos! I usually cook by the seat of my pants, and you don't want
to SEE the mess I make in my kitchen!

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life

sf wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 07:55:48 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>On 14 Dec 2005 05:22:42 -0800, [email protected] wrote:
>>

>>>http://visualrecipes.com/
>>>
>>>This is a great website for people like me who can't cook.
>>>
>>>Users can upload photos (max 22) of their recipes being made.
>>>
>>>A million times better than a list of ingrediants which simply puts me
>>>off and there is always something I can't follow. Also these recipes
>>>are by "real" people and are therefore more pratical.
>>>I'm actually motivated to try some of thies
>>>
>>>I have no connection with this site and am just hoping people here will
>>>upload their recipes as there aren't many on it at the moment.
>>>
>>>thanks
>>>JimBob

>>You can do that with a number of free photo services. Observe the
>>fruitcake folder:

> I like the fact that it's totally devoted to visual cooking. Fewer
> words and more pictures would be even better. ;)

Yes, that is a nice element. I wish it were more acceptable here but it
isn't :(

In article <[email protected]>,
~patches~ <[email protected]> wrote:

> sf wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 07:55:48 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
> > <[email protected]> wrote:

> >>You can do that with a number of free photo services. Observe the
> >>fruitcake folder:

> > I like the fact that it's totally devoted to visual cooking. Fewer
> > words and more pictures would be even better. ;)

> Yes, that is a nice element. I wish it were more acceptable here but it
> isn't :(

Perhaps of interest

http://www.tinypic.com/

Post your images and let folks know where to find them.

Bill

--
Garden Shade Zone 5 S Jersey USA in a Japanese Jungle Manner.39.6376 -75.0208

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:

> On 14 Dec 2005 05:22:42 -0800, [email protected] wrote:
>

>>http://visualrecipes.com/
>>
>>This is a great website for people like me who can't cook.
>>
>>Users can upload photos (max 22) of their recipes being made.

> Interesting idea... but then you have to be organised enough to take
> the photos! I usually cook by the seat of my pants, and you don't want
> to SEE the mess I make in my kitchen!

The only downside to this that I see is to the poster having to stop to
take pics along the way. I often do this for my own records but not for
sharing and for many dishes, this just isn't possible. I do like the
website though and will be trying a couple of their recipes.

William Wagner wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> ~patches~ <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>sf wrote:

>>>I like the fact that it's totally devoted to visual cooking. Fewer
>>>words and more pictures would be even better. ;)

>>Yes, that is a nice element. I wish it were more acceptable here but it
>>isn't :(

> Perhaps of interest
>
> http://www.tinypic.com/
>

> Post your images and let folks know where to find them.
>
> Bill

Thanks William. I tried that and was shot down by the cabal or whatever
you want to call it and reinforced by the tolerated trolls. I figure,
why bother? Personally, I like the idea of seeing a food someone cooked
especially when accompanied by a recipe. Obviously this is not the ng
to post such things. But thankyou for the pointer. Tinypic is really
nice for those who don't have access to binary newsgroups.

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 15:24:13 -0500, ~patches~
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Thanks William. I tried that and was shot down by the cabal or whatever
> you want to call it and reinforced by the tolerated trolls. I figure,
> why bother? Personally, I like the idea of seeing a food someone cooked
> especially when accompanied by a recipe. Obviously this is not the ng
> to post such things. But thankyou for the pointer. Tinypic is really
> nice for those who don't have access to binary newsgroups.

Get an account with Yahoo, and you can post all the pictures you'd
like, and it's free!

Carol
--

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 15:24:13 -0500, ~patches~
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Thanks William. I tried that and was shot down by the cabal or whatever
>>you want to call it and reinforced by the tolerated trolls. I figure,
>>why bother? Personally, I like the idea of seeing a food someone cooked
>>especially when accompanied by a recipe. Obviously this is not the ng
>>to post such things. But thankyou for the pointer. Tinypic is really
>>nice for those who don't have access to binary newsgroups.

> Get an account with Yahoo, and you can post all the pictures you'd
> like, and it's free!
>
> Carol

Speaking as an *imbicile* exactly what difference would it make if I
used tinypic or yahoo? Either way it is posting pic links to a ng that
does not appreciate pics of food. Go figure. A newsgroup dedicated to
yipping about food doesn't like food pics. Honestly thanks for the tip
but it isn't worth my while.

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:27:54 -0500, ~patches~
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>
> > Get an account with Yahoo, and you can post all the pictures you'd
> > like, and it's free!

> Speaking as an *imbicile* exactly what difference would it make if I
> used tinypic or yahoo?

Yahoo keeps all of your pictures together so people can look at them
anytime they want, instead of searching for tinypic links.

> Either way it is posting pic links to a ng that
> does not appreciate pics of food. Go figure. A newsgroup dedicated to
> yipping about food doesn't like food pics. Honestly thanks for the tip
> but it isn't worth my while.

I'm not sure why there were complaints about your pictures. I enjoyed
them. I have a link to my Yahoo picture album at the bottom of each
of my posts. So does Barb Schaller, and no one has said a word.

I'm sorry for calling you an imbicile. I was having a bad few days. I
wish I could take it back, but all I can do is hope that you'll
forgive me at some point.

Carol
--

"maxine in ri" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Barb retorted pointedly:
> In article <[email protected]>,
>
> [email protected] wrote:
> > http://visualrecipes.com/

> > A million times better than a list of ingrediants which simply puts me
> > off and there is always something I can't follow. Also these recipes
> > are by "real" people and are therefore more pratical.
> > thanks
> > JimBob

> <cough> Jeez, I've been doing that for a few years. Real people?
> 'sat? More practical than what?
>
> Real people are the kind that you make yourself, not the ones that come
> in boxes at the store.

You're kidding me, right? You can get People Mix at the store? Well,
so much for sex!
--

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:27:54 -0500, ~patches~
> <[email protected]> wrote:

> > Either way it is posting pic links to a ng that
> > does not appreciate pics of food. Go figure. A newsgroup
> > dedicated to yipping about food doesn't like food pics. Honestly
> > thanks for the tip but it isn't worth my while.

> I'm not sure why there were complaints about your pictures. I enjoyed
> them. I have a link to my Yahoo picture album at the bottom of each
> of my posts. So does Barb Schaller, and no one has said a word.

I don't even remember people complaining. One person claimed the images
were not hers or something, but there didn't seem to be any general
consensus that linked images were inappropriate for the group.

Brian

won't shut up.

On 14 Dec 2005 21:44:12 GMT, "Default User" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:27:54 -0500, ~patches~
> > <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > Either way it is posting pic links to a ng that
> > > does not appreciate pics of food. Go figure. A newsgroup
> > > dedicated to yipping about food doesn't like food pics. Honestly
> > > thanks for the tip but it isn't worth my while.

> > I'm not sure why there were complaints about your pictures. I enjoyed
> > them. I have a link to my Yahoo picture album at the bottom of each
> > of my posts. So does Barb Schaller, and no one has said a word.

> I don't even remember people complaining.

I wouldn't mind seeing more of them. I think it would be nice to have
them grouped in one place, though.

> One person claimed the images
> were not hers or something, but there didn't seem to be any general
> consensus that linked images were inappropriate for the group.

That person enjoys causing other people pain. I think patches has
that individual killfiled.

Please post again, patches.

Carol
--