postal squad

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Gary, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. Gary

    Gary Guest

    Did I miss the announcement of the final squad due out this week? Gary

    Tags:

  2. "Gary" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Did I miss the announcement of the final squad due out this week? Gary

    There was supposed to be a press conference today to announce the last spot - between Landis,
    Mikhailov, and Joachim. Anybody heard anything?

    -T

  3. Dan

    Dan Guest

    "Tom Schulenburg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Gary" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Did I miss the announcement of the final squad due out this week? Gary
    > >

    > There was supposed to be a press conference today to announce the last spot - between Landis,
    > Mikhailov, and Joachim. Anybody heard anything?
    >
    > -T

    Cycling4all has Landis. Who knows how he knows, no press release yet.

  4. K. J. Papai

    K. J. Papai Guest

    Gary <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Did I miss the announcement of the final squad due out this week? Gary

    Yes, but I hope it's Landis who makes spot #9. Then at least 1/3 of the team would be Americans.

    -Ken

    My Top-8 Prediction for 2003:

    1. LANCE
    2. Ullrich at 1'20
    3. Beloki at 4'50
    4. LEVI ! at 7'45
    5. Mayo at 10'
    6. Simoni at 11'
    7. TYLER at 11'30

  5. Jeff Jones

    Jeff Jones Guest

  6. "K. J. Papai" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Gary <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Did I miss the announcement of the final squad due out this week? Gary
    >

    > Yes, but I hope it's Landis who makes spot #9. Then at least 1/3 of the team would be Americans.
    >
    > -Ken
    >
    > My Top-8 Prediction for 2003:
    >
    > 1. LANCE
    > 2. Ullrich at 1'20
    > 3. Beloki at 4'50
    > 4. LEVI ! at 7'45
    > 5. Mayo at 10'
    > 6. Simoni at 11'
    > 8. TYLER at 11'30

    If Ullrich is within 2 minutes of Lance, (I'd be surprised, but...) he'll probably win. You've left
    out anyone from the very strong Telekom Team (Botero?). Good thing you're rooting with your heart
    and not your wallet.

    -T

  7. Warren

    Warren Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, K. J. Papai <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Gary <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Did I miss the announcement of the final squad due out this week? Gary
    >

    > Yes, but I hope it's Landis who makes spot #9. Then at least 1/3 of the team would be Americans.
    >
    > -Ken
    >
    > My Top-8 Prediction for 2003:
    >
    > 1. LANCE
    > 2. Ullrich at 1'20
    > 3. Beloki at 4'50
    > 4. LEVI ! at 7'45
    > 5. Mayo at 10'
    > 6. Simoni at 11'
    > 8. TYLER at 11'30

    I'll put...

    2. Beloki @5'
    3. Ullrich of Telekom @ 6'
    4. Some other guy that Henry picks as 3rd, or Heras @ 6' 10"
    5. Tyler @ 6'30"
    6. Some other guy that will be the "next challenger to Lance"
    7. Levi @ 8'
    8. Some other guy who's wife will get caught with Colombian asthma meds
    9. Simoni @ 11'
    10. Baden Cooke @ 13'
    11. First French guy DNF. Some other guy who speaks English and is fluent in French

    -WG

  8. Fred Marx

    Fred Marx Guest

    > I'll put...
    >
    > 2. Beloki @5'
    > 3. Ullrich of Telekom @ 6'

    this is a poke at the other fools who don't know Jan moved to BIANCHI... right?

    > 4. Some other guy that Henry picks as 3rd, or Heras @ 6' 10"
    > 5. Tyler @ 6'30"
    > 6. Some other guy that will be the "next challenger to Lance"
    > 7. Levi @ 8'
    > 8. Some other guy who's wife will get caught with Colombian asthma meds
    > 9. Simoni @ 11'
    > 10. Baden Cooke @ 13'
    > 28. First French guy DNF. Some other guy who speaks English and is fluent in French
    >

    > -WG

  9. David Ryan

    David Ryan Guest

    Tom Schulenburg wrote:

    > "K. J. Papai" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Gary <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > Did I miss the announcement of the final squad due out this week? Gary
    > >

    > > Yes, but I hope it's Landis who makes spot #9. Then at least 1/3 of the team would be Americans.
    > >
    > > -Ken
    > >
    > > My Top-8 Prediction for 2003:
    > >
    > > 1. LANCE
    > > 2. Ullrich at 1'20
    > > 3. Beloki at 4'50
    > > 4. LEVI ! at 7'45
    > > 5. Mayo at 10'
    > > 6. Simoni at 11'
    > > 8. TYLER at 11'30
    > >

    > If Ullrich is within 2 minutes of Lance, (I'd be surprised, but...) he'll probably win. You've
    > left out anyone from the very strong Telekom Team (Botero?). Good thing you're rooting with your
    > heart and not your wallet.
    >
    > -T

    How does Ullrich win if he's within 2 minutes at Paris?

  10. warren wrote:

    > DNF. Some other guy who speaks English and is fluent in French

    Hey the Tour is 3 weeks, so plenty of time to get fluent

    "Je voudrais un connard, s'il-vous-plait" (1) STF

    (1) Extra brownie points if you know the Lance connection.

  11. Warren

    Warren Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Stewart Fleming <[email protected]> wrote:

    > warren wrote:
    >
    > > DNF. Some other guy who speaks English and is fluent in French
    >
    > Hey the Tour is 3 weeks, so plenty of time to get fluent
    >
    > "Je voudrais un connard, s'il-vous-plait" (1) STF

    Look around in texas.

    > (1) Extra brownie points if you know the Lance connection.

    ...How Lance refers to those who attack him while he's on the ground.

    -WG

  12. "David Ryan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Tom Schulenburg wrote:
    > >
    > > "K. J. Papai" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Gary <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > > > Yes, but I hope it's Landis who makes spot #9. Then at least 1/3 of the team would be
    > > > Americans.
    > > >
    > > > -Ken
    > > >
    > > > My Top-8 Prediction for 2003:
    > > >
    > > > 1. LANCE
    > > > 2. Ullrich at 1'20
    > > > 3. Beloki at 4'50
    > > > 4. LEVI ! at 7'45
    > > > 5. Mayo at 10'
    > > > 6. Simoni at 11'
    > > > 8. TYLER at 11'30
    > > >

    > > If Ullrich is within 2 minutes of Lance, (I'd be surprised, but...)
    he'll
    > > probably win. You've left out anyone from the very strong Telekom Team (Botero?). Good thing
    > > you're rooting with your heart and not your
    wallet.

    > > -T
    >
    > How does Ullrich win if he's within 2 minutes at Paris?

    I think if he's good enough to be within 2 minutes (unlikely) he's probably good enough to win. In
    other words - The likelihood of him being within 2 minutes is only slightly better than him
    winning outright.

    -T

  13. K. J. Papai

    K. J. Papai Guest