Posting from work? Home?

RC2

May 21, 2004
OK, another poll of questionable use, I know.

I am just feeling a bit guilty and weak, not having the motivation to choose doing actual work (I'm in the office) over reading this forum. :rolleyes:

So you can make me feel better by letting me know it's not just me. Are you stuck at work, trying to while away some time with something that you are passionate about (cycling, not work). Or do you folks acutally take time away from your time off to post?

RC2 said:

I am just feeling a bit guilty and weak, not having the motivation to choose doing actual work (I'm in the office) over reading this forum. :rolleyes:

So you can make me feel better by letting me know it's not just me. Are you stuck at work, trying to while away some time with something that you are passionate about (cycling, not work). Or do you folks acutally take time away from your time off to post?

Not just you, I do most my reading on this and other boards from work. When I am home I would reather be out on the bike :p

RC2 said:

I am also on a bodybuilding forum that is almost identical to this one. I started a thread once on this very subject (at work while you check the forums), and it was hysterical to watch the daily comments about what people did at work all day. For those of us with white collar office cubicle type jobs, I highly recommend the movie Office Space.

RC2 said:

i have been on the forums all day long hehehe..

From home. I have access to a computer at work but I can't sit there and post. The boss is right across form all the computers and the one I use faces him. Ughhh! But I'm on vacation this month so I get to ride in the mornings and read and post in the afternoon. Vacation for the whole month of August!!!! I love it. :D

concord said:
Vacation for the whole month of August!!!! I love it. :D

Yikes, isn't it already triple digits in the morning on AZ this time of year? 4 weeks of vacation though, guess you get over such things.

Bolo Grubb said:
Not just you, I do most my reading on this and other boards from work. When I am home I would reather be out on the bike :p

Bolo just expressed the view of probably 98% of the members....

RC2 said:

I work out of my house.

RC2 said:

Wow, now I don't feel so bad knowing that I'm not the only person post/reading while in the office. Funny thing is, when I work from home I almost never post/read the forums, just when I'm in the office. Go figure.

Dan.

Bolo Grubb said:

Hahaha! I was thinking pretty much the same thing. Post from home??? I have a few times I guess (on rainy days or something) but normally when I'm home I have better things to do. Riding my bike is just one of them.

RC2 said:
Yikes, isn't it already triple digits in the morning on AZ this time of year? 4 weeks of vacation though, guess you get over such things.

Triple digets... in Phoenix not where I am. I'm about 130 miles north of Phoenix and the elevation is 5500 (give or take 500). The hottest it's been here is about 98 and that was in June in mid-afternoon. Besides I don't have to go to work for another three weeks so I can go as early as I want and beat the heat.

I am so glad it's not just me! I am also on a U2 forum, another bicycle forum, and then I do a whole bunch of other internet surfing as well from work. I have other friends like this, and I honestly wonder what everyone did at work when there wasn't the internet. Seems like NO work ever gets done!! I figure, as long as I get my job done, it shouldn't matter. Fooling around on the net is like a coping mechanism.

I have only been in trouble for my habit once before....the IT guy did a "spot check" (hmmm, I wonder if it was really random) and LOGGED every single site I was on, how long I was on it, how many clicks etc.!!!! :eek: One day my boss called me in and told me to take a seat (you then know it's bad news)..and she presented me with the log which started the second I checked my email in the am to the end of the day. I nearly DIED. I blamed it on personal relationship troubles, and she told me that because I was getting my work done well, she wouldn't take action against me, but I did have my net access cut off.

You'd think I would have learned a lesson and changed my ways at my other jobs....but no.....I am just as bad, or worse than before! :p

I post from work. Being a teacher, I am allowed to pretty much do what I want as long as I get the results. I'm lucky in that the other people around me do their own stuff too, including the boss, so that makes it fairly guilt-free. Wishing you all good rides!

RC2 said:

Haha, happens to me too. Probably all of us actually, though the poll seemed more split - so maybe not. I'm a designer, so I occasionally need to let the gears spin a bit when I'm in between coming up with a solution for something, so I'll have a peek in here. Most often though, its late and I'm at home.