General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Posting my food June 2nd

Started by Rita · · Last activity · 3 posts · 333 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
2 June 2005
Last activity
2 June 2005
Original author
Rita
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
333
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Good Morning Everyone,

    Thanks for the input, it is really helpful. I have some questions...

    What would be considered a low carb count for a days food? 30 carbs
    100?

    Do you subtract the fiber count from it?

    On south beach in phase 2...that's where I'm at, a modified phase
    2...you are allowed 3 carbs and 3 pieces of fruit a day. A bowl of
    cereal would be considered a carb. There are 2 allowable snacks
    in-between meals and 90 calories worth of sweets, hence fudgecycles. I
    include my snacks in my meals and the fudgecycles too, at least for
    right now, till I get some time between me and binges.

    My calories right now are around 13 to 1400 a day.

    Hi Luna,

    Nuts are a real slippery food for me, so is cheese, especially string
    cheese...but the biggest one is baked goods. If it is baked, has a good
    amount of fat and sugar in it...I can't have any...period.

    If I was giving up and didn't care how much weight I gained I'd head
    strait for the mall, get a job at cinnabons and consume my pay check in
    trade.

    I discovered I can have cous cous but not the packaged "near east" I
    think that's the brand name. I love the one with pine nuts in it,
    triggers overeating and eventually a binge.

    I believe how I'm doing emotionally has a lot to do with how easy or
    difficult it is to stay on my food plan.

    Anyway, thanks for the support everyone...

    Today's food:

    2 pieces of canadian bacon, 1 cup of good friends cereal, 1/2 cup of fat
    free milk, V8 and 1 cup of cantaloupe

    1 large 2 pieces of ham rollup stuffed with romaine & 1 tbs cilantro
    mayo, 1 cup of strawberries and a no sugar added fudgecycle.

    large salad with olives and garbanzos, 4 oz turkey meatloaf, 3/4 cup of
    couscous, a fudgecycle & strawberries

    I try hard not to eat anything after dinner...that's when I'm most
    vulnerable to overeat.

    Thanks...

  2. Rita said:


    What would be considered a low carb count for a days food? 30 carbs
    100?

    That's between you and your plan. I'm on Atkins and Atkins
    has a specific process that teaches you your body's own
    custom limits. Extra work for extra knowledge. You're on
    South Beach and as far as I know SBD doesn't require you
    to count so it's a question without an answer.

    Quoted message said:

    Do you subtract the fiber count from it?

    Do *I*? No. I started before fiber deduction became
    common. If I started today, would I deduct? Yup.

    Again, you're on SBD and as far as I know counts don't
    matter as much on that plan so for you it doesn't matter.

    Quoted message said:

    My calories right now are around 13 to 1400 a day.

    Your goal is somewhere near 130-140 pounds? If you are
    doing fine don't worry about calories. If you aren't
    doing fine look into various calorie guidelines. If
    you ended up at this calorie level just by following the
    rules of your plan, all is well.

    Quoted message said:

    I believe how I'm doing emotionally has a lot to do with how easy or
    difficult it is to stay on my food plan.

    Very true.

  3. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Doug Freyburger said:
    Rita said:


    What would be considered a low carb count for a days food? 30 carbs
    100?

    That's between you and your plan. I'm on Atkins and Atkins
    has a specific process that teaches you your body's own
    custom limits. Extra work for extra knowledge. You're on
    South Beach and as far as I know SBD doesn't require you
    to count so it's a question without an answer.

    Quoted message said:

    Do you subtract the fiber count from it?

    Do *I*? No. I started before fiber deduction became
    common. If I started today, would I deduct? Yup.

    Again, you're on SBD and as far as I know counts don't
    matter as much on that plan so for you it doesn't matter.

    Quoted message said:

    My calories right now are around 13 to 1400 a day.

    Your goal is somewhere near 130-140 pounds? If you are
    doing fine don't worry about calories. If you aren't
    doing fine look into various calorie guidelines. If
    you ended up at this calorie level just by following the
    rules of your plan, all is well.

    Quoted message said:

    I believe how I'm doing emotionally has a lot to do with how easy or
    difficult it is to stay on my food plan.

    Very true.

    Interestingly, I find how well I stay on my food plan affects how I'm
    doing emotionally. I not only feel better about myself when I resist
    temptation, I also believe certain foods actually physically contribute
    to "the blahs" if not to outright depression.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.