posture and sit bones?

G.T. wrote:
> "Monique Y. Mudama" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

> Chiros

>>>Ha! Who do you think told me that the whole Chiropractic business was

> full
>
>>>of shiate? Besides, they're the blacksheep H2 driving members of the

> remote
>
>>>family.

>>That's kinda sad. You'd hope someone would believe in what they do every

> day.
>
>>I guess maybe your family "believes in" making lots of money,

> That seems to be the biggest motivator of chiros considering their
> incredibly high incidence of insurance fraud.
>

>>but I could
>>think of better ways to do that than having to be on my feet all day
>>manhandling people's bodies.
>>
>>Maybe your family members just aren't very good at what they do. Or they

> are
>
>>good, but have seen lots of bad chiros in action. Or maybe chiros only

> help
>
>>in certain situations. Don't know, mostly don't care. As I said, seems

>>have done much more for me than I'd expected.
>>

> Every chiro I've met told me that they chose their field because it gave
> them the most bang for the time and money spent on training. The ones with
> integrity actually tried to fix their patients, the others had no interest
> in the patient other than temporarily making the patient feel better so they
> would come back for more.
>
> GT

My point, exactly! The Chiros I know are all driving around in BMW's,
Mercedes, H2's, and other flashy names after only a couple of years in
the business. My GP (a REAL doctor), still has an old clunker and lives
paycheck to paycheck because of the cost of malpractice insurance after
10 years in the business. Is this fair? Who would you rather have
treating you? A REAL licensed physician who spent 10 years in college
and internships learning how to fix people or someone who earned a DR
certificate in two years from a correspondence course?

If you felt that bad before going to the CP and it helped, than more
power to you. I would suggest staying away from him/her for two months
and see how you feel. If you're back to pain, then maybe you'll think
about what I said. As for the spine alignment. You fell into the same
trap carnies use when guessing weight. I could put a laser level line
in front of a CP and he could make the argument that it's bent. It's
power of the mind. Wanna buy a time share?

Now for some MTB content...

I rode my bike today.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

You're full of ****.

[email protected] wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>
>>G.T. wrote:
>>
>>>"Monique Y. Mudama" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

> has
>
>>>Chiros

> was
>
>>>full

> the
>
>>>remote

> every
>
>>>day.

>>>That seems to be the biggest motivator of chiros considering their
>>>incredibly high incidence of insurance fraud.

> day

> Or they
>
>>>are

> only
>
>>>help

> seems

>>>Every chiro I've met told me that they chose their field because it

> gave
>
>>>them the most bang for the time and money spent on training. The

> ones with
>
>>>integrity actually tried to fix their patients, the others had no

> interest
>
>>>in the patient other than temporarily making the patient feel

> better so they
>
>>>would come back for more.
>>>
>>>GT
>>>

>>My point, exactly! The Chiros I know are all driving around in

> BMW's,
>
>>Mercedes, H2's, and other flashy names after only a couple of years

> in
>
>>the business. My GP (a REAL doctor), still has an old clunker and

> lives
>
>>paycheck to paycheck because of the cost of malpractice insurance

> after
>
>>10 years in the business. Is this fair? Who would you rather have
>>treating you? A REAL licensed physician who spent 10 years in

> college
>
>>and internships learning how to fix people or someone who earned a DR

>>certificate in two years from a correspondence course?

> You're full of ****.

Can't be. I just went to the bathroom ten minutes ago.

The least you can do is explain why.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

G.T. wrote:

> Every chiro I've met told me that they chose their field because it
> gave them the most bang for the time and money spent on training.
> The ones with integrity actually tried to fix their patients, the
> others had no interest in the patient other than temporarily making
> the patient feel better so they would come back for more.
>
> GT

takes all kind. The chiropractor I see on an "as needed" basis ( my
determination, not hers) has been looking for a partner for 3 years. They
( there are two partners already) want someone who has it "in the hands" and
not someone who wants to turn and burn adjustments. They've tried out more
new grads than I care to count, observation that no one wants to take the
time to learn how to use their hands, they just want the medical practice.
She is a biker... when one does a hard endo onto the ground, there are
certain advantages IMO to having a field adjustment.

penny

S o r n i wrote:

> Mirrored Helmet Bill (AKA Dorkster McDorkenstein)

Ohhhhh! Say it ain't so!!!!! What' next, panniers, fenders, and a blaze
orange reflective vest?

Kill yourself now before you are too far gone.

Tom

tcmedara wrote:
> S o r n i wrote:
>>
>> Mirrored Helmet Bill (AKA Dorkster McDorkenstein)

> Ohhhhh! Say it ain't so!!!!! What' next, panniers, fenders, and a
> blaze orange reflective vest?

Hell no! I'm a (closet) ROADIE, not a Freddy Fender...er, -er.

> Kill yourself now before you are too far gone.

I'll leave that to a taxi or city bus; God knows they like to try.

Now, if I start going to spin classes...

Unrecallable Bill

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:

> > You're full of ****.
> >

> Can't be. I just went to the bathroom ten minutes ago.
>
> The least you can do is explain why.

Sorry about that, I was on my way to take the kids to school and all I
had time to type was that, otherwise I would have explained myself.

My wife was a chiropractic assistant when we met. Our chiropractor and
those that she has worked for are nothing like the people you describe.
Not saying they don't exist, but my experience has been much different.

Our chiropractor drives an F-250 and is a trusted friend as well as our
DC. He's a friendly, down to earth guy who never flaunts his wealth
(and I know he's got it), associates with all classes of people whether
in the office or out and would give you the shirt off his back. He
doesn't belive chiropractic will cure bed wetting or any of that other
BS.
My wife has worked for 4 different DC's in the past and all were good,
knowledgable people. Ok, one was on the juice but that's it!

[email protected] wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>
>>[email protected] wrote:

>>>You're full of ****.
>>>

>>Can't be. I just went to the bathroom ten minutes ago.
>>
>>The least you can do is explain why.

> Sorry about that, I was on my way to take the kids to school and all I
> had time to type was that, otherwise I would have explained myself.
>
> My wife was a chiropractic assistant when we met. Our chiropractor and
> those that she has worked for are nothing like the people you describe.
> Not saying they don't exist, but my experience has been much different.
>
> Our chiropractor drives an F-250 and is a trusted friend as well as our
> DC. He's a friendly, down to earth guy who never flaunts his wealth
> (and I know he's got it), associates with all classes of people whether
> in the office or out and would give you the shirt off his back. He
> doesn't belive chiropractic will cure bed wetting or any of that other
> BS.
> My wife has worked for 4 different DC's in the past and all were good,
> knowledgable people. Ok, one was on the juice but that's it!

Thank you for explanation.

On 2005-02-23, Ride-A-Lot penned:

> My point, exactly! The Chiros I know are all driving around in BMW's,
> Mercedes, H2's, and other flashy names after only a couple of years in the
> business. My GP (a REAL doctor), still has an old clunker and lives
> paycheck to paycheck because of the cost of malpractice insurance after 10
> years in the business. Is this fair? Who would you rather have treating
> you? A REAL licensed physician who spent 10 years in college and
> internships learning how to fix people or someone who earned a DR
> certificate in two years from a correspondence course?
>
> If you felt that bad before going to the CP and it helped, than more power
> to you. I would suggest staying away from him/her for two months and see
> how you feel. If you're back to pain, then maybe you'll think about what I
> said. As for the spine alignment. You fell into the same trap carnies use
> when guessing weight. I could put a laser level line in front of a CP and
> he could make the argument that it's bent. It's power of the mind. Wanna
> buy a time share?

I had a response all typed out, but it's way OT and I already know that I'm
not going to change your mind, so I decided it was pointless.

> Now for some MTB content...
>
> I rode my bike today.

Sounds like fun.

--
monique

"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
-- Mark Twain

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
> On 2005-02-23, Ride-A-Lot penned:
>
>>My point, exactly! The Chiros I know are all driving around in BMW's,
>>Mercedes, H2's, and other flashy names after only a couple of years in the
>>business. My GP (a REAL doctor), still has an old clunker and lives
>>paycheck to paycheck because of the cost of malpractice insurance after 10
>>years in the business. Is this fair? Who would you rather have treating
>>you? A REAL licensed physician who spent 10 years in college and
>>internships learning how to fix people or someone who earned a DR
>>certificate in two years from a correspondence course?
>>
>>If you felt that bad before going to the CP and it helped, than more power
>>to you. I would suggest staying away from him/her for two months and see
>>how you feel. If you're back to pain, then maybe you'll think about what I
>>said. As for the spine alignment. You fell into the same trap carnies use
>>when guessing weight. I could put a laser level line in front of a CP and
>>he could make the argument that it's bent. It's power of the mind. Wanna
>>buy a time share?

> I had a response all typed out, but it's way OT and I already know that I'm
> not going to change your mind, so I decided it was pointless.

It's not pointless, it's your opinion and you are entitled to it. I
would never take that away from anyone.

>>Now for some MTB content...
>>
>>I rode my bike today.

> Sounds like fun.

It was! :)

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 10:18:39 -0700, Monique Y. Mudama
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi, all! Long time no type.
>
> I rode my bike on Sunday. It was the first time in several months.
> (Yes, I
> realize this is pathetic.) Anyway, my sitbones were killing me. They've
> never hurt this bad from a bike ride. And I'm wondering

Perhaps you should consider joining a gym. Then you too could
http://www.big-boys.com/articles/hotgymad.html
--
Slacker

On 2005-02-24, Slacker penned:
> On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 10:18:39 -0700, Monique Y. Mudama
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Hi, all! Long time no type.
>>
>> I rode my bike on Sunday. It was the first time in several months. (Yes,
>> I realize this is pathetic.) Anyway, my sitbones were killing me. They've
>> never hurt this bad from a bike ride. And I'm wondering

> Perhaps you should consider joining a gym. Then you too could
> http://www.big-boys.com/articles/hotgymad.html

I haven't yet viewed the film (heeding the warning), but how would joining a
gym help me with my sitbones? Even the spin classes use such a different
saddle structure that it doesn't really compare. The spin class seats just
make my tailbone hurt.

--
monique

"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
-- Mark Twain

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 20:29:15 -0700, Monique Y. Mudama
<[email protected]> wrote:

> On 2005-02-24, Slacker penned:
>> On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 10:18:39 -0700, Monique Y. Mudama
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, all! Long time no type.
>>>
>>> I rode my bike on Sunday. It was the first time in several months.
>>> (Yes,
>>> I realize this is pathetic.) Anyway, my sitbones were killing me.
>>> They've
>>> never hurt this bad from a bike ride. And I'm wondering

>> Perhaps you should consider joining a gym. Then you too could
>> http://www.big-boys.com/articles/hotgymad.html

> I haven't yet viewed the film (heeding the warning), but how would
> joining a
> gym help me with my sitbones? Even the spin classes use such a different
> saddle structure that it doesn't really compare. The spin class seats
> just
> make my tailbone hurt.

After you watch the clip, all will be made clear :)
--
Slacker

Slacker wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 20:29:15 -0700, Monique Y. Mudama
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> On 2005-02-24, Slacker penned:

>>> Perhaps you should consider joining a gym. Then you too could
>>> http://www.big-boys.com/articles/hotgymad.html

>> I haven't yet viewed the film (heeding the warning), but how would
>> joining a
>> gym help me with my sitbones? Even the spin classes use such a
>> different saddle structure that it doesn't really compare. The spin
>> class seats just
>> make my tailbone hurt.
>>

> After you watch the clip, all will be made clear :)

Heh, I bet I can do that. ;-)

(monique, you can buy attachments so that you can take your own saddle to a
spin class)

Penny

On 2005-02-24, Slacker penned:
> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 20:29:15 -0700, Monique Y. Mudama
><[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>> Perhaps you should consider joining a gym. Then you too could
>>> http://www.big-boys.com/articles/hotgymad.html

>> I haven't yet viewed the film (heeding the warning), but how would joining
>> a gym help me with my sitbones? Even the spin classes use such a different
>> saddle structure that it doesn't really compare. The spin class seats
>> just make my tailbone hurt.
>>

> After you watch the clip, all will be made clear :)

Fine, she has a strong ass, but I'm still not convinced she has cyclist
sitbones =P

On 2005-02-24, small change penned:
> Slacker wrote:
>>
>> After you watch the clip, all will be made clear :)

> Heh, I bet I can do that. ;-)

Oh my.

> (monique, you can buy attachments so that you can take your own saddle to a
> spin class)

I didn't know that. I don't know if the Y would let me swap 'em,
though, and even if it did, the pedals they use make my knees hurt (I
assume they're set to a slightly different angle). They've told me I
can't swap pedals. All in all, I'm better off just going outside =)

--
monique

"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
-- Mark Twain

Monique Y. Mudama said:

I do actually have a women's specific saddle ... and you just reminded me of
why I thought maybe my posture had changed. In the past, it's been not my sit
bones, but the, er, front that's been in pain. On long, non-technical rides
like the one I did this weekend, I'd feel a great deal of pressure up front,
progressing from annoying to uncomfortable to painful. In fact, that's the
major reason I started experimenting with saddles, though it never seemed to
help too much. Anyway, I didn't experience that pain at all on this weekend's
ride, which is another reason I wonder about my posture changing.
monique
"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
-- Mark Twain

Did you accidentally change the angle of your seat?

Mr_Kingkillaha said:
Did you accidentally change the angle of your seat?

Sorry for posting a point that has already been discussed. I thought I read all posts but obviously not.

On the subject of chiros, i have been to one, about 8 times before i realized he was a total ass. My spine is very crooked, and i thought i was feeling some progress. One visit he asks me which direction he is supposed to be twisting me again. I don't know, he's the f-king "doctor". Next day I hurt like hell, never went back.

Per Mr_Kingkillaha:
> i have been to one, about 8 times before i
>realized he was a total ass.

The picture I'm getting is that the problem with chiropractors is standards.

Sounds like some are ok and others are total quacks.

Last time I tried one, I walked into the office and limped out - almost had to
be carried...never again. Reading the brochures he had spread around in his
waiting room, I'd nominate that one for quackhood.

OTOH, some years back I got slam-dunked windsurfing. Went to medical docs for
about 18 months...muscle relaxants, anti inflammitories, and
I-forget-what-else...and it just wasnt' getting any better. My wife or
daughter would come home to find me laying in a heap on the floor where I'd been
for the last two hours or so - unable to get back up, back in total spasm.

Finally I went to this crusty old guy who was an osteopath. He felt around,
said "Hmmm...you've got a locked rib"....pushed on something, I felt a sort of
click, and it was over....a little residual muscle soreness from the last round
of spasms, but it was over....never to recur.

Since then the guy's retired to Puerto Rico and died. I've asked a half-dozen
doctors - including his former partner in practice - what a "locked rib" was.
Got a blank stare from all. But it sure did work...

Had a similar story from my #1 daughter who used to do theraputic massage on
crippled people. One patient's life was going down the tubes from face pain
and a number of other problems. When working on the patient's neck, she could
feel that something was obviously way out of wack with the vertebrae. She
referred the patient to somebody qualified to manully put it back in place...and
the patient's problem went away.

So, my point is that there probably *is* something to manipulation that's
neglected by most medical doctors...but I wouldn't trust just anybody to fool
around with my bod anymore.
--
PeteCresswell

"Monique Y. Mudama" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

All in all, I'm better off just going outside =)

> --
> monique
>
> "Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
> -- Mark Twain

ding ding ding...we have a winner!!!