Potential bike product

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Jessica Lohr, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Jessica Lohr

Jessica Lohr New Member

2. dabac

dabac Well-Known Member

Did you ever consult any regular riders before starting this venture?
    Or even look at a saddle from a performance-oriented bike?
    The space between the rails MIGHT fit a cigarrette packet, but that's about it.
    You want to fit a modern smartphone, you need to either insert it upright, or make a saddle that extends rearwards.
    Or make a saddle considerably higher/thicker than on your concept drawing to allow a smartphone to fit cross-wise under the widest part of the saddle.
    This sounds like it could be challenging, since the shell of the Storage space would have to be load bearing. The rails - the most common method to mount the saddle to the seat post - would pretty much have to be mounted to the bottom of the storage space instead of to the seat pan not to steal too much space.
    How do you imagine "size" to be a separate entity from "comfort"?
    Size is HUGELY important to comfort.
    A wide nose on the saddle will chafe, unless you're tremendously bow-legged.
    A saddle that's too narrow towards the rear, where the sit bones make contact, can lead to all sorts of troubles.

3. CAMPYBOB

CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

Most ridiculous bike component I've seen here since those 'artisan' bamboo fenders, the pump chuck that only took one hand to operate (just like the rest of them) and the helmet with turn signals built in.

If I order now do I also receive the Popeil Pocket Fisherman as a free gift?

4. Jcycle

Jcycle Active Member

Die spammer die! Take you bad idea with you as well.