Potted Meat Products

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Mark Thorson, Mar 14, 2004.

  1. Mark Thorson

    Mark Thorson Guest

    I recently received this link in my e-mail, one of those
    sorts of e-mail that passes from person-to-person like a
    virus. Pardon me if you've already received it. A quick
    Google search shows it hasn't been posted here

    http://www.pk.org/pottedmeat.html

    Dreadful stuff. I can't believe I used to like so-called
    Vienna sausages. An insult to the people of Vienna, if they
    were aware of it.

    Tags:

  2. Mark Thorson <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > I recently received this link in my e-mail, one of those
    > sorts of e-mail that passes from person-to-person like a
    > virus. Pardon me if you've already received it. A quick
    > Google search shows it hasn't been posted here
    >
    > http://www.pk.org/pottedmeat.html
    >
    > Dreadful stuff. I can't believe I used to like so-called
    > Vienna sausages. An insult to the people of Vienna, if
    > they were aware of it.

    What about something like Underwood Devilled Ham or
    Devilled Chicken?

  3. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

    On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 19:16:11 GMT, Mark Thorson <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I recently received this link in my e-mail, one of those
    >sorts of e-mail that passes from person-to-person like a
    >virus. Pardon me if you've already received it. A quick
    >Google search shows it hasn't been posted here
    >
    >http://www.pk.org/pottedmeat.html

    Ping www.pk.org (68.39.111.58) ... 1 failed 2 failed 3
    failed

    Site is down.

    -sw

  4. Jbsummer

    Jbsummer Guest

    >> An insult to the people of Vienna, if they were
    >> aware of it.

    Maybe it was named after Vienna, Virginia. I'll bet those
    Viennese like it...

  5. A.C.

    A.C. Guest

    "Steve Wertz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 19:16:11 GMT, Mark Thorson
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    > >I recently received this link in my e-mail, one of those
    > >sorts of e-mail that passes from person-to-person like a
    > >virus. Pardon me if you've already received it. A quick
    > >Google search shows it hasn't been posted here
    > >
    > >http://www.pk.org/pottedmeat.html
    >
    > Ping www.pk.org (68.39.111.58) ... 1 failed 2 failed
    > 3 failed
    >
    > Site is down.
    >
    > -sw

    not all sites are pingable. ever tried to ping cnn.com or
    microsoft.com? they don't reply to ping requests but they
    aren't down.

    ac

  6. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

    On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 13:27:39 -0500, "A.C." <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >"Steve Wertz" <[email protected]> wrote in
    >message news:[email protected]...
    >> On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 19:16:11 GMT, Mark Thorson
    >> <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>

    >> >I recently received this link in my e-mail, one of those
    >> >sorts of e-mail that passes from person-to-person like a
    >> >virus. Pardon me if you've already received it. A quick
    >> >Google search shows it hasn't been posted here
    >> >
    >> >http://www.pk.org/pottedmeat.html
    >>
    >> Ping www.pk.org (68.39.111.58) ... 1 failed 2 failed
    >> 3 failed
    >>
    >> Site is down.
    >
    >not all sites are pingable. ever tried to ping cnn.com or
    >microsoft.com? they don't reply to ping requests but they
    >aren't down.

    Well, in this case, the site was indeed down. But since I
    can't cut and paste text from a dialog box, I chose to
    demonstrate with a ping instead.

    The site appears to be back up today.

    -sw