Potted Meat Products



M

Mark Thorson

Guest
I recently received this link in my e-mail, one of those
sorts of e-mail that passes from person-to-person like a
virus. Pardon me if you've already received it. A quick
Google search shows it hasn't been posted here

http://www.pk.org/pottedmeat.html

Dreadful stuff. I can't believe I used to like so-called
Vienna sausages. An insult to the people of Vienna, if they
were aware of it.
 
W

Wayne Boatwrigh

Guest
Mark Thorson <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> I recently received this link in my e-mail, one of those
> sorts of e-mail that passes from person-to-person like a
> virus. Pardon me if you've already received it. A quick
> Google search shows it hasn't been posted here
>
> http://www.pk.org/pottedmeat.html
>
> Dreadful stuff. I can't believe I used to like so-called
> Vienna sausages. An insult to the people of Vienna, if
> they were aware of it.

What about something like Underwood Devilled Ham or
Devilled Chicken?
 
S

Steve Wertz

Guest
On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 19:16:11 GMT, Mark Thorson <[email protected]>
wrote:

>I recently received this link in my e-mail, one of those
>sorts of e-mail that passes from person-to-person like a
>virus. Pardon me if you've already received it. A quick
>Google search shows it hasn't been posted here
>
>http://www.pk.org/pottedmeat.html

Ping www.pk.org (68.39.111.58) ... 1 failed 2 failed 3
failed

Site is down.

-sw
 
J

Jbsummer

Guest
>> An insult to the people of Vienna, if they were
>> aware of it.

Maybe it was named after Vienna, Virginia. I'll bet those
Viennese like it...
 
A

A.C.

Guest
"Steve Wertz" <[email protected].com.invalid.gov> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 19:16:11 GMT, Mark Thorson
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
> >I recently received this link in my e-mail, one of those
> >sorts of e-mail that passes from person-to-person like a
> >virus. Pardon me if you've already received it. A quick
> >Google search shows it hasn't been posted here
> >
> >http://www.pk.org/pottedmeat.html
>
> Ping www.pk.org (68.39.111.58) ... 1 failed 2 failed
> 3 failed
>
> Site is down.
>
> -sw

not all sites are pingable. ever tried to ping cnn.com or
microsoft.com? they don't reply to ping requests but they
aren't down.

ac
 
S

Steve Wertz

Guest
On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 13:27:39 -0500, "A.C." <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"Steve Wertz" <[email protected]> wrote in
>message news:[email protected]...
>> On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 19:16:11 GMT, Mark Thorson
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>
>> >I recently received this link in my e-mail, one of those
>> >sorts of e-mail that passes from person-to-person like a
>> >virus. Pardon me if you've already received it. A quick
>> >Google search shows it hasn't been posted here
>> >
>> >http://www.pk.org/pottedmeat.html
>>
>> Ping www.pk.org (68.39.111.58) ... 1 failed 2 failed
>> 3 failed
>>
>> Site is down.
>
>not all sites are pingable. ever tried to ping cnn.com or
>microsoft.com? they don't reply to ping requests but they
>aren't down.

Well, in this case, the site was indeed down. But since I
can't cut and paste text from a dialog box, I chose to
demonstrate with a ping instead.

The site appears to be back up today.

-sw