Power distribution for range in WKO+

Speedskater

Nov 23, 2006
Today I did a race and the file includes both warm up and cool down along with the race. How can I see the power distribution for only the race?

Speedskater said:
Today I did a race and the file includes both warm up and cool down along with the race. How can I see the power distribution for only the race?
Click on the graph where the race or workout started and hold down the left click and drag to cover the interval that you are interested in. Once you have that interval highlighted, hit control-r to save that interval and you can then name it. You can then see your stats for that interval.
~Nick

I think Speedskater is talking about the "Power Distribution" chart, not the Peak values or summary info in the Ranges panel.

If that's the case, what you can do is:
1) Select the portion of the graph that represents the race, without warm-up/cool-down.
2) Click Copy in the toolbar (or press Ctrl+C)
3) Click New Workout (or Ctrl+N)
4) Switch to the Graph view of the new workout
5) Click Paste (or Ctrl+V)

Voilà! You should now have a workout file that only represents the race. Now you can go to the Journal tab to create any graph you desire!

Hope this helps!

Uhl said:
I think Speedskater is talking about the "Power Distribution" chart, not the Peak values or summary info in the Ranges panel.

If that's the case, what you can do is:
1) Select the portion of the graph that represents the race, without warm-up/cool-down.
2) Click Copy in the toolbar (or press Ctrl+C)
3) Click New Workout (or Ctrl+N)
4) Switch to the Graph view of the new workout
5) Click Paste (or Ctrl+V)

Voilà! You should now have a workout file that only represents the race. Now you can go to the Journal tab to create any graph you desire!

Hope this helps!
Thank you. That´s exactly what I was looking for. So there is currently no way to see the power distribution of a range without creating an new workout if I got you right.

ric_stern/RST said:
be aware that adding in this extra file will affect your TSS/Performance Manager chart
But you can assign this extra file to another, possibly a dummy, athlete, right?

Ken

ric_stern/RST said:
be aware that adding in this extra file will affect your TSS/Performance Manager chart
Ric is correct, but you can avoid the problem by using Cut instead of Copy in Step 2. Then the race data won't be double counted.

Or you can just leave the original file as is, and change the Sport Type of the newly created workout to something other than "Bike". Then make sure your Athlete Home graphs (including PMC) only has "Bike" workouts selected in Sports to Include.