Power meters · Public discussion

Power for 24 hr mtb race?

Started by mokes · · Last activity · 5 posts · 1,683 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Power meters
Published
20 October 2005
Last activity
21 October 2005
Original author
mokes
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,683
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi, I'm a new poster with a question...

    I'm pondering whether to do a 24 hr solo mtb race next year (we all need goals I guess) and was wondering if anyone had access to any power data from an event such as this?

    I know the physiological demands are going to be largly (but not exclusively) on aerobic oxidation but am interested in how much good riders utilise anaerobic energy systems in what must be a very on-off type of race (basically I'm trying to plan my training for this using power and any advice or experience you might have would be great).

    Cheers.

  2. mokes said:

    Hi, I'm a new poster with a question...

    I'm pondering whether to do a 24 hr solo mtb race next year (we all need goals I guess) and was wondering if anyone had access to any power data from an event such as this?

    I know the physiological demands are going to be largly (but not exclusively) on aerobic oxidation but am interested in how much good riders utilise anaerobic energy systems in what must be a very on-off type of race (basically I'm trying to plan my training for this using power and any advice or experience you might have would be great).

    Cheers.


    Go to the topica wattage forum. Search for posts by Dave Harris. He's done multiple 24 hour races and shared his experience. It's all about willpower and nutrition IIRC.

    http://lists.topica.com/lists/wattage/read

  3. Woofer said:

    Go to the topica wattage forum. Search for posts by Dave Harris. He's done multiple 24 hour races and shared his experience. It's all about willpower and nutrition IIRC.

    http://lists.topica.com/lists/wattage/read

    and a tough backside!!

    12 hr TT's were enough for me!

    ric

  4. Woofer said:

    It's all about willpower and nutrition IIRC.

    It also doesn't hurt Dave that 1) he's a past national champion, and 2) he trains both a lot and very intelligently.

  5. Woofer said:

    Go to the topica wattage forum. Search for posts by Dave Harris. He's done multiple 24 hour races and shared his experience. It's all about willpower and nutrition IIRC.

    lists.topica.comread


    Thanks for the advice, I'll check it out. I will also consult a psychologist, get a doctor to sever the nerves to my butt :eek: and begin the sleep deprivation practise tonight! If anything interesting pops up on the power front I'll let you know.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.