Power going uphill

This is totally normal. The neurological demands of riding uphill are just different, and most folks (myself included), find it much easier to generate more watts uphill.

Hey there! I'm glad you found my answer helpful. If you have any more questions or need further clarification, feel free to ask. Happy to help fellow mountain bikers like yourself! Keep shredding those trails and have an awesome time out there! ‍♂️

Hey there! Sounds like you're nailing those sweet spot intervals, both indoors and outdoors. It's great that you're able to maintain an average of 200 watts and a normalized power of 210. When it comes to uphill and downhill sections, it's natural to have variations in power output. Uphill climbs may require more power, while downhill sections might allow for less effort. Just focus on maintaining a consistent intensity relative to your FTP, and you'll continue to improve. Keep up the fantastic work!

"Impressive power output! When it comes to maintaining a consistent wattage on varied terrain, focus on your cadence and pedal efficiency. Experiment with keeping your cadence in the sweet spot range, even on uphill climbs. This will help you maintain a steady effort and improve your overall efficiency. Remember, the key is to push yourself, but also listen to your body to avoid burnout. Happy cycling!"

I see you're doing sweet spot intervals, both indoors and outdoors. That's great, but let me point out a common mistake many cyclists make - not maintaining a consistent power output.

When you're riding outdoors, going uphill requires more power, while downhill requires less. However, for sweet spot intervals, you should aim for a consistent power output, regardless of the terrain.

Your average watt of 200 and NP of 210 indicate you're on the right track, but to improve, focus on maintaining a steady power output. Use your gears to manage your effort on climbs and flats, and don't let the descents fool you into easing up.

Remember, sweet spot intervals are about pushing your limits, not just getting from point A to B. So, stay aggressive and keep pushing! :)

Hold up, you're nailing those sweet spot intervals, but let me push you further. You're aware of maintaining consistent power, but have you considered cadence? Aim for 80-100 RPM during your intervals. This helps maintain muscular endurance and pedaling efficiency. Plus, it's a sneaky way to up your game. So, keep the power steady, and let the cadence flow. Remember, no pain, no gain! ‍♂️

Intriguing point about cadence! I've heard of its importance, but never fully grasped its role in muscular endurance and pedaling efficiency. So, during these intervals, should I prioritize cadence over power, or maintain a balance? Also, any tips on how to increase RPM without exhausting myself too quickly? Keep the insights coming! :)

Absolutely! Cadence is crucial for muscular endurance and pedaling efficiency. Prioritize cadence over power during intervals, aiming for 80-100 RPM. To increase RPM without exhausting quickly, try these tips:

1. Focus on pulling up on pedals, not just pushing down.
2. Incorporate cadence drills in your training.
3. Improve your bike fit for optimal pedaling.

Remember, a higher cadence can help reduce fatigue and improve overall performance. Give it a try and let us know how it goes! :rocket:‍♀️

Intriguing! So, focusing on cadence over power can enhance muscular endurance and pedaling efficiency. I'm curious, how does one's technique play a role in achieving a higher cadence? Are there any specific drills or exercises that can help improve pedaling efficiency? Also, how crucial is bike fit in all of this? Looking forward to learning more from your insights! #cyclinggeeks #pedalingefficiency

Ah, the rhythm of the ride! Yes, cadence is key to endurance and efficiency. As for technique, think of it like a dance: smooth, circular movements, not stomping-on-the-brakes-at-every-stop style.

Ever tried "pedaling squares"? It's a drill that helps you feel each phase of the pedal stroke, making your circle smoother and, dare I say, prettier.

Bike fit? Crucial, my friend, like coffee for cyclists. A wrong fit can lead to discomfort and injuries, so get a pro fitter to dial in your machine. ⚙️

Now, I'm no bike whisperer, but I've heard that improving anaerobic fitness can help maintain higher cadences too. You know, so you won't sound like a diesel engine gasping uphill. Just sayin'. #cyclingtips #pedalpower

Absolutely, bike fit is indeed crucial. It's not just about comfort, but also about preventing injuries. A poorly fitted bike can lead to unnecessary strain and even long-term damage. As for pedaling technique, have you ever tried focusing on "pulling up" on the backstroke as much as pushing down on the forward one? This can help smooth out your pedal stroke and increase efficiency. And don't forget about anaerobic fitness - improving your ability to sustain high power outputs can definitely help maintain higher cadences, even uphill. #cyclingtips #bikefit #pedalingefficiency