Power Grips: Available in Australia? 2nd hand even?

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by beebbleb, Apr 11, 2007.

1. beebbleb

beebbleb New Member

Hi all,

Found lots of references to Power Grips on the board and they seem like the ideal commuter "clip" system. At US$20 they certainly seem worth a try before the investment in SPD pedals and shoes. I'm just wondering if these are available for purchase anywhere in Australia (even 2nd hand!). Otherwise I guess an order from the US is in order.

Oh and is anyone else using these for commuting and want to share their experiences? I still have a brand new set of Look pedals and shoes I got with my bike but I jsut can't bring myself to use.

Adam

Tags:

2. gclark8

gclark8 New Member

Adam,

I have a spare Blue pair, PM or e-mail for contact details.

A friend has been using these for Triathlon for 2 seasons. I went back to strapless toe clips.

3. gclark8

gclark8 New Member

Sold! ;)

4. Wattsy Rules

Wattsy Rules New Member

I'm interested to know why you won't use your clipless pedals. Seriously, once you get used to them they are SO easy to use, it's just a matter of practice. Also, to start off with you loosen the tension off to make it even easier. Not a criticism, just curious...

5. beebbleb

beebbleb New Member

Thanks George! Rode with them on my commute yesterday, and they worked quite well, I'm not sure if I'm going faster or climbing easier, but I feel better now working on a better more "circular" movement. Really strains a whole set a different muscles though!

Oh and I'm not using the clipless because my current shoes and pedals (that I got with the bike) are Look style and:

(a) I really want more grip when I put my foot down at the lights
    (b) I have to walk for a bit when I arrive at work and prefer to do this on a normal sole

There a good possibility I'll try clipless at a later stage (I have the shoes after all) but the Power Grips were so affordable it seemed like a great idea for a newbie.