Power Grips: for pedals any comments?

rs

Guest
Power Grips are a diagnol strap that is presented as an alternative to
clipless pedals and pedals with toe clips/cages. Has anyone actually used
them and I would appreciate any comments. The link is below:

http://www.powergrips.com/

"rs" wrote: (clip) Has anyone actually used them and I would appreciate
any comments. (clip
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I used them briefly when they first came out (years ago.) My problem is
that they often restricted circulation in my feet. This is because their
tightness is regulated by rotating the heel toward the bike after the foot
is inserted. I found it hard to keep the rotation of my heels at just the
correct angle to tighten the straps enough for good pedaling, without
overdoing it.

rs wrote:
> Power Grips are a diagnol strap that is presented as an alternative to
> clipless pedals and pedals with toe clips/cages. Has anyone actually used
> them and I would appreciate any comments. The link is below:

I have them on the pedals of a folding bicycle, where regular toe-clips
and cages would have been impractical. They work fine, but I had to
really go to the very limit of their length, to use them with larger shoes.

[email protected] (rs) writes:

> Power Grips are a diagnol strap that is presented as an alternative
> to clipless pedals and pedals with toe clips/cages. Has anyone
> actually used them and I would appreciate any comments. The link is
> below:
>
> http://www.powergrips.com/

Use 'em lots on my commuting/single speed bike, so's I can wear
whatever shoes. I think they work great. Far more comfortable than
clips and straps, easier to get in and out, and not as secure as
clipless. I put about 1500 miles on that bike this year, and really
likes the PowerGrips.

Hello,
I've used them for about three years now (same pair). First on my road
bike, and now on my mountain bike. They work great, and are very durable. I
currently use Speedplays on my road bike, and will probably do the same on
my mountain bike, but the Power Grips are a very inexpensive way to get
started.

Thanks,
Larry

news:[email protected]...

rs wrote:
> Power Grips are a diagnol strap that is presented as an alternative to
> clipless pedals and pedals with toe clips/cages. Has anyone actually used
> them and I would appreciate any comments. The link is below:
>
> http://www.powergrips.com/

I call them death grips because of what they do in a fall. I used them
for a few years before I found bike shoes big enough for my size 16 feet.