Power images from PT

Well done Ric, looks good. Any chance on picking out the key features that you look for and explaining whether or not the goal for the day was met?

actually, i was hoping that people would try to see if they could figure out the key features and what sort of ride it was from the images, as i thought that might be fun.

the goals were met. there were three of them... hope this isn't too cryptic!?

Ric

Three goals??

Looks like a level 2 ride to me. The histogram says it all really, power is well distributed around 150-175W and there's no significant histogram bars up at 300W, 360W or 500W to indicate LT-type, VO2max and sprint-type work.

Not sure what the three goals are... maybe one is a decent 2hr aerobic effort, and the 2nd & 3rd goals were to pickup a pint of milk and to call and see your gran? :D

Powermad: good guess but not *quite*. Two of the goals can be worked from the image and you'll have to guess the 3rd, not quite my gran!

I thought others might have chipped in with a response, come on. don't be shy!

Ric

Easy. Indoor trainer, steady aerobic effort at 220W for 30mins with 6 jumps (race tune up?), followed by a short rest, then 15mins/10km at TT pace of 260W.

Originally posted by ricstern
Powermad: good guess but not *quite*. Two of the goals can be worked from the image and you'll have to guess the 3rd, not quite my gran!

Hmm... not sure Ric. Cadence looks pretty low, mostly been under 80RPMs. A force/strength workout?? Although power looks relatively low for a low cadence on-bike force workout?? Not sure what the other goals were!

There aren't many replies on this one. Looking at the first power curve again, you definitely stopped around 50minutes for a break of some kind since HR dropped very quickly indicating you stopped, went away, and by the time you started riding again your HR had recovered quite a lot. I'm not sure why you stopped, maybe a toilet stop? :confused:

Powermad said: Hmm... not sure Ric. Cadence looks pretty low, mostly been under 80RPMs. A force/strength workout?? Although power looks relatively low for a low cadence on-bike force workout??

Low cadence, low power - you must have been doing Isolated Leg Training on a turbo Ric! ;)

Originally posted by Shibumi
Low cadence, low power - you must have been doing Isolated Leg Training on a turbo Ric! ;)

Hey, I've tried this recently after all the recent hoo-har on here, done one session per week turning a large gear over at about 40-60RPM. I certainly think the session helps with time trialling since it seems to teach your muscles to apply power throughout the entire pedal circle more. I know it does nothing for fitness itself, but during my last two TTs I've been able to smoothly pull the crank round the back of the pedal stroke much better and it's helped my power output by about 20W avg in the two events. So, it has helped me, for sure!

Originally posted by powermad
There aren't many replies on this one. Looking at the first power curve again, you definitely stopped around 50minutes for a break of some kind since HR dropped very quickly indicating you stopped, went away, and by the time you started riding again your HR had recovered quite a lot. I'm not sure why you stopped, maybe a toilet stop? :confused:

Yes, spot on!
Ric

Originally posted by powermad
Hmm... not sure Ric. Cadence looks pretty low, mostly been under 80RPMs. A force/strength workout?? Although power looks relatively low for a low cadence on-bike force workout?? Not sure what the other goals were!

I feel that a lot of people overestimate how fast they pedal... when i'm RRing, and training, i'm generally in a lower gear than others (i.e., pedalling a little faster).

Ric

Hay Ric, did you do some jumps in the first graph? There are three or four peaks which may have been blunted by the smoothing used. You are also on a hilly road or on an MTB.

As the 1st goal was a ride between 150 and 200 watts, was another goal to try out some new equipment (e.g. MTB or TT bike?).

Also have a hunch that you met some riders later on (perhaps your gran) as the power is a bit more 'up and down' but has a definate pattern at times.

I must be way off?!?!

Sorry just read my response, think I have every possibility in there. Must be far easier to read and analyse when you know what your looking at!