Power meter-FSA crankset

Overhill

Nov 18, 2005
My new/used time trial bike does not yet have a power meter. It does have an FSA K-force MegaExo crankset and BB. I like this crankset and would prefer to keep it, thus an SRM is not my power solution. I want power measurement for training, and would like it as well for racing, but will probably use different rear wheels, making PT less likely. So, is this FSA K-force crankset compatable with ergomo? I have looked at both companies' web sites, but can't determine the answer. [ I'm don't think that I am ready to experiment with iBike, and I'm not sure that I have the expertise to set up Polar]. I would appreciate any comments or suggestions, and I am open to all options at this point. I don't post often, but I really enjoy the information from this forum. Thank you

I am not a fan of FSA megaexo but if you want to keep those cranks and swap wheels Polar is really your only option.

Overhill said:
My new/used time trial bike does not yet have a power meter. It does have an FSA K-force MegaExo crankset and BB. I like this crankset and would prefer to keep it, thus an SRM is not my power solution. I want power measurement for training, and would like it as well for racing, but will probably use different rear wheels, making PT less likely. So, is this FSA K-force crankset compatable with ergomo? I have looked at both companies' web sites, but can't determine the answer. [ I'm don't think that I am ready to experiment with iBike, and I'm not sure that I have the expertise to set up Polar]. I would appreciate any comments or suggestions, and I am open to all options at this point. I don't post often, but I really enjoy the information from this forum. Thank you
Ergomo has an Isis version so should be. I think if you call or e-mail the dealer they can tell you straight off

Since the Ergomo is a BB with an ISIS style spindle, you can't use your Mega EXO K-Force crank with it. The older K-force crank is compatable with an ISIS BB but the new (Mega EXO) has the spindle integrated with the crank so it requires the hollow BB.

I've heard the polar power is rather unreliable and a pain in the butt - however, they apparently have an updated version coming out (I'm not sure if it's out yet?) and that may take care of it's current undesireable traits.

I'd keep the K-force (I have one too, and love the crank!) and go with a powertap. I have the same problem with swapping wheels, as I do more triathlons than road races. So until I can afford a second hub, I'll just use a front race wheel and keep the training wheel in the back.

For me, the power data is more important in the race than the small aero benefit of having a deep aero rim in the back.

my $0.02