Power Profile: How Is My 1 Min. So Off? How this might affect my first race???

Originally Posted by lanierb .

Awesome job man! You would be a cycling beast if you allowed yourself to lose like 30lbs. You won't lose any 20min power and you'll just destroy a Cat 4/5 field with those power numbers.

Thank you.
...But anyone could rip it up if they lost 30lbs!! Maybe another 15lbs. If I'm at 180-185lbs...and hold my power I should be able to hang with these guys.

Originally Posted by 2011 SWORKS .
Thank you.
...But anyone could rip it up if they lost 30lbs!! Maybe another 15lbs. If I'm at 180-185lbs...and hold my power I should be able to hang with these guys.
True, but the difference is you actually could do it without losing any long term power. I couldn't lose more than another pound or two without starving myself so I'm stuck with what I got.

Ok,

I'm down to 191.25 lbs as of Monday and got my first medal in a Crit in Allentown, PA last week with a 5th place finish.
Worked a lot during the race and left way too early with the guy that ended up wining and popped with a couple meters to go.

Have another Crit tomorrow here in Lancaster with the heat index at around 108 degrees. Seems suicidal but I'll give it a shot.

Originally Posted by lanierb .

Nice job!!! Keep it up. This is only the beginning!

Thanks, man.

I got the cycling bug a year ago and stayed motivated by going to club rides. This racing thing opens a whole new aspect of motivation for cycling. I will always enjoy going out with the guys for a recreational ride now and again but racing is the new passion for me.

Also... started working with a cycling coach. He's a CAT 1 racer who has trained in Europe, currently pursuing his masters degree in some form of exercise science, and I ride with his dad so there is a trust factor there. He is a freak of nature on the bike. Watched him (part of a 3 man break) lap the field at a Pro, 1, 2, 3 crit last month.

Lastly, I placed 4th yesterday at the Grandview Grand Prix crit in Lancaster. Hot as hell and I let go of 3rd place about 10' from the line. Damn it!!!
Oh well, at least I stayed safe. Many horrible crashes yesterday.