Power shopping: Non-cycle clothing

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by David Bogie, Mar 10, 2003.

  1. David Bogie

    David Bogie Guest

    Year- and season-end sales are almost finished out here in the West. Penny's, Mervyn's, Costco,
    Shopko, and other large reatailers have marked down their winter wear to near giveaway prices. I
    picked up several $30-60 wool/polyester blend, silk/rayon blend, and rayon sweaters for less than
    four dollars each. At that price, I figure I can wear them for at least two years and then can
    cut the sleeves off and still have some way stylin' recumbent wear. Great way to pick up some
    gloves, too.

    We have a chain of leather goods stores out here called Wilson's. Dunno if they're national or just
    regional. If you don't mind cross-dressing into another sport's uniform, they've got a nice
    distressed leather motorcycle jacket for only $80.00, marked down from almost $300 three years ago.
    It's heavy and hot, waist length, and is assembled with extra long arms that will reach all the way
    to your wrists even on an Easy Racers or similar ape hanger bars. It's strictly cold-weather wear
    and really turns heads. I wear mine commuting but it got uncomfortably warm when the temp hit 50
    last weekend.

    david, boise ID

    Tags:

  2. Rorschandt

    Rorschandt Guest

    [email protected] (David Bogie) wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > Year- and season-end sales are almost finished out here in the West. leather motorcycle jacket for
    > only $80.00, marked down from almost $300 three years ago. It's heavy and hot, waist length, and
    > is assembled with extra long arms that will reach all the way to your wrists even on an Easy
    > Racers or similar ape hanger bars. It's strictly cold-weather wear and really turns heads. I wear
    > mine commuting but it got uncomfortably warm when the temp hit 50 last weekend.
    >
    > david, boise ID

    Never quite understood the leather garment thing. Lets see, it doesn't breathe well, its heavy, not
    much insulation value for real cold. A wool sweater would work better for most things. On a
    motorcycle, leather for crashing is a good idea, but there are now some even better synthetics.

    rorschandt