Power shopping: Non-cycle clothing

David Bogie

Guest
Year- and season-end sales are almost finished out here in the West. Penny's, Mervyn's, Costco,
Shopko, and other large reatailers have marked down their winter wear to near giveaway prices. I
picked up several $30-60 wool/polyester blend, silk/rayon blend, and rayon sweaters for less than
four dollars each. At that price, I figure I can wear them for at least two years and then can
cut the sleeves off and still have some way stylin' recumbent wear. Great way to pick up some
gloves, too.

We have a chain of leather goods stores out here called Wilson's. Dunno if they're national or just
regional. If you don't mind cross-dressing into another sport's uniform, they've got a nice
distressed leather motorcycle jacket for only $80.00, marked down from almost $300 three years ago.
It's heavy and hot, waist length, and is assembled with extra long arms that will reach all the way
to your wrists even on an Easy Racers or similar ape hanger bars. It's strictly cold-weather wear
and really turns heads. I wear mine commuting but it got uncomfortably warm when the temp hit 50
last weekend.

david, boise ID

[email protected] (David Bogie) wrote in news:[email protected]:

> Year- and season-end sales are almost finished out here in the West. leather motorcycle jacket for
> only $80.00, marked down from almost $300 three years ago. It's heavy and hot, waist length, and
> is assembled with extra long arms that will reach all the way to your wrists even on an Easy
> Racers or similar ape hanger bars. It's strictly cold-weather wear and really turns heads. I wear
> mine commuting but it got uncomfortably warm when the temp hit 50 last weekend.
>
> david, boise ID

Never quite understood the leather garment thing. Lets see, it doesn't breathe well, its heavy, not
much insulation value for real cold. A wool sweater would work better for most things. On a
motorcycle, leather for crashing is a good idea, but there are now some even better synthetics.

rorschandt