Power tap and power tap wireless

teakay

Oct 28, 2004
When the new wireless version is available will the hub work with the current cumputer or will you need a complete new system?

teakay said:
When the new wireless version is available will the hub work with the current cumputer or will you need a complete new system?
You will need a whole new system.

bcarroll said:
You will need a whole new system.
My bearings (the PT's and my knees) will be long burned out before I consider purchasing another PT just to dump the wire.

joule said:
My bearings (the PT's and my knees) will be long burned out before I consider purchasing another PT just to dump the wire.
Ahhh.... but what if the wireless ends up being compatible with that disk rear wheel that you mentioned in the other thread? ;)

frenchyge said:
Ahhh.... but what if the wireless ends up being compatible with that disk rear wheel that you mentioned in the other thread? ;)
ROTFLMAO! Ack! I'm being tailed! A cult following ... or just another sprinter sucking my wheel!:D

frenchyge said:
If I were Zipp, I would want to launch the disc wheel with the receiverless, wireless hub. Justifies a premium price.

RapDaddyo said:
If I were Zipp, I would want to launch the disc wheel with the receiverless, wireless hub. Justifies a premium price.
I guess for a disk wheel it would not be as much of an issue, but the problem with wireless is quite clear once you have a group training session. My Polar goes NUTS when I ride together with a few of my racing friends. Doubt it's an issue with the current generation of power devices, but if the range starts reaching 3 feet (1 meter) so the receiver on your handlebars can receive the single from your rear hub, then it will also pick up signals from the riders left and right of me.:mad: Sure that is one reason most wireless speed sensors run off the front wheel.

RapDaddyo said:
My thoughts exactly.

joule said:
My Polar goes NUTS when I ride together with a few of my racing friends.

Which Polar? My 710i had never picked up signals from other riders using Polar 710i or 725.

F1_Fan said:
Which Polar? My 710i had never picked up signals from other riders using Polar 710i or 725.
Polar 520. Never an issue with the heart rate signal (range too limited). But have seen many instances of picking up signals from other people when I have the cadence enabled. Seems the cadence sensor generates higher RF than the speed or HR sensors.