Power meters · Public discussion

Power Tap SL+ and Edge 705

Started by PJChief · · Last activity · 3 posts · 1,531 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Power meters
Published
6 February 2011
Last activity
17 February 2011
Original author
PJChief
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,531
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I recently purchased a Powertap Sl and paired it with an Edge 705. The power readings are very erratic. Do I need to do smoeething to the setup in the 705 to smooth out the readings?

  2. They will be very erratic - power will change constantly depending on terrain, wind, your pedal action etc etc.

    I use a 705 and typically have it show the 3 sec av and 30 sec av display when riding intervals etc with it. If you go into the Settings menu you will see the Data Fields and from the lists there you have a variety of power related options. Av lap power might also be useful for intervals as well, but its worth experimenting a little and seeing what works for you.

  3. Thanks Bigpikle,

    I do have the settings set for a 3 sec avg. I still have readings that will rapidly change from 170-116-245-???. I am very careful to keep at a constant cadence and level just tortry anf figure out the problem. When all is said and done, I think my overall average is correct on Garmin's Training Center.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.