Power Tap SL Hub Adjustment

mickthomas

May 29, 2006
Hello,
when I was cleaning my bike I noticed that the end nut on my Power Tab SL hub had
come loose (the nut on the non-drive side). How this worked loose is a bit of a
mystery as my powertap is only about 4 months old. Is it just a simple case of
retightening the end nut (i.e. no fiddly adjustment since its not cup and cone type) ?

Thanks & regards

mickthomas said:
Hello,
when I was cleaning my bike I noticed that the end nut on my Power Tab SL hub had
come loose (the nut on the non-drive side). How this worked loose is a bit of a
mystery as my powertap is only about 4 months old. Is it just a simple case of
retightening the end nut (i.e. no fiddly adjustment since its not cup and cone type) ?

Thanks & regards

I had the same thing happen, but I also had a spoke pop loose. PT manual says to retighten end nuts to 12 lbs-ft. I thought I had fixed mine, but ended up sending it in as the bearings were bad.

allenpg said:
I had the same thing happen, but I also had a spoke pop loose. PT manual says to retighten end nuts to 12 lbs-ft. I thought I had fixed mine, but ended up sending it in as the bearings were bad.
Did you go with standard bearings or upgrade? HOw do they spin now? The stock bearings in mine..suck (notchy and dont spin well). I am leaving them in till summer though unless they get worse.

rayhuang said:
Did you go with standard bearings or upgrade? HOw do they spin now? The stock bearings in mine..suck (notchy and dont spin well). I am leaving them in till summer though unless they get worse.

I'm waiting to get my wheel back from Saris.