Power Tap SL installation questions

whpieratt

Dec 5, 2005
Unpacked my new SL today (on a HED Alps wheelset from AnalyticCycling), and aside from feeling a little intimidated, a couple questions occurred:

1. I think I've been shorted the foam mounting strips listed on the parts inventory. What do they look like? Have the bar mount and/or receiver been modified in a way that the foam is no longer needed? I imagine I can call Monday for a replacement set if necessary, but if I have to substitute, would cut-up tubes do the same job?

2. I've seen mention of a thread with helpful installation tips. I was unsuccessful in trying the search function to locate it. Anyone with a link?

Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated.

whpieratt said:
Unpacked my new SL today (on a HED Alps wheelset from AnalyticCycling), and aside from feeling a little intimidated, a couple questions occurred:

1. I think I've been shorted the foam mounting strips listed on the parts inventory. What do they look like? Have the bar mount and/or receiver been modified in a way that the foam is no longer needed? I imagine I can call Monday for a replacement set if necessary, but if I have to substitute, would cut-up tubes do the same job?

2. I've seen mention of a thread with helpful installation tips. I was unsuccessful in trying the search function to locate it. Anyone with a link?

Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated.

You can use pieces of rubber inner tube cut to size and perhaps folded over in half instead of the foam. I just make my own after I wear out the original rubber foam. I also use electrical tape instead of zip ties for most of the mounting (except for the CPU mount and the receiver mount), and to make sure the receiver on the chainstay does not rotate or move laterally.