Power Tap wheels

objective said:
BTW, have you looked @ the ergopro? I'm considering one as I'm starting to race track and would like power on my track bike. Plus the ergomo seems to have built in support for TSS/IF/NP which would be fun to have while on the bike. Thoughts?
If you have time to examine your computer for more than a glance on the track I would hope you are either off the front or off the back.

Depending upon your crank choice, you might have to get lucky with choosing the correct spindle length so that you have both a good chainline and clearance from the chainstays.

Woofer said:
If you have time to examine your computer for more than a glance on the track I would hope you are either off the front or off the back.

Depending upon your crank choice, you might have to get lucky with choosing the correct spindle length so that you have both a good chainline and clearance from the chainstays.
I would hope with all the data available from a powermeter ,one wouldnt be analyzing it at speed. I usually check mine at home:)

Woofer said:
I don't intend to look at while racing/riding on the track! In fact I rarely even look at the data while riding. Now, on-board TSS/IF/NP would be cool to have for after a workout. Today I have to wait to get home.

As you can tell, I've grown a little dependent on the numbers.

objective said:
I don't intend to look at while racing/riding on the track! In fact I rarely even look at the data while riding. Now, on-board TSS/IF/NP would be cool to have for after a workout. Today I have to wait to get home.

As you can tell, I've grown a little dependent on the numbers.
The powertap on the track bike is great if you cant get to a track. You can work on things like standing starts and jumps and monitor progress.

padawan said:
Another rim to consider is the Mavic CXP 33. I believe it's a little stronger than the Open Pro and when I was asking questions about my own Power Tap wheel build, a number of people said it would be a good choice. No problems with it thus far.

Try searching the forum for "CXP 33" - I think the rim is often suggested for slightly heavier riders.

Yes, it's good and stronger than the Open Pro, probably because of its shape. It's what I'd suggest for training.