PowerBeam Pro and 705

woodmanr

Dec 26, 2009
Sorry if this is a repost. I have a garmin 705, and for christmas, i just got a Cycleops PowerBeam Pro trainer. My question is I guess more about ANT+. Can i use my garmin GTC-10 (the little cadence and speed sensor), and have it connect to BOTH my 705 and my trainer at the same time and display on both and such?

That should work. I use my 705 to record data from indoor training on my Powerbeam and it picks it up as a powermeter (you need to do a new search as you would when picking up a new Powertap wheel or other device). Then I guess if you keep the Garmin cadence/speed sensor as your default option in the bike set-up I assume it will work as you want it to. Good piece of kit, the Powerbeam.

I've been able to get all the data to display on both units. But i wanted to try to condense the amount of sensors and such i have on my bike to just the 705's units. Right now, i have to run the garmin GSC-10 for the 705 to pick up cadence and speed, and then then PowerBeam's cadence unit to detect cadence on the trainer. Was hoping i could just use one unit, and then put the trainer cadence unit on my dad's bike so he could get the full "effect" of the trainer. not the end of the world.

I've only been riding for 3/4 of a year, and all of it on the road. So this is the first trainer i've used. Probably about 1000x overkill for what i need, but i love it so far. Now i just need to figure out the best way to "train" on it besides just putting miles down