PowerBlock? SelectTech? Recommendations?

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by [email protected], Mar 12, 2005.

  1. Hi.
    I have purchased a F/I/D bench and would like to get a nice dumbell
    set. I am working in a space-saving mindset and wonder how folks like
    the Powerblock? or the SelectTech? I am an endurance athlete(triathlon,
    distance cycling/running) and want to build more lean body mass, so I
    do not need heavy weights. I am hoping to be able to get what I need w/
    this set-up.
    Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.
    HC

    Tags:

  2. Hi.
    I have purchased a F/I/D bench and would like to get a nice dumbell
    set. I am working in a space-saving mindset and wonder how folks like
    the Powerblock? or the SelectTech? I am an endurance athlete(triathlon,
    distance cycling/running) and want to build more lean body mass, so I
    do not need heavy weights. I am hoping to be able to get what I need w/
    this set-up.
    Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.
    HC

    Hi,

    I am not familiar with the Select Tech but I have an 85 lb. Powerblock
    Pro set with their stand and i am very happy with it.

    Jimmy

  3. Roger Zoul

    Roger Zoul Guest

    tat2jimmy[email protected] wrote:
    > Hi.
    > I have purchased a F/I/D bench and would like to get a nice dumbell
    > set. I am working in a space-saving mindset and wonder how folks like
    > the Powerblock? or the SelectTech? I am an endurance
    > athlete(triathlon, distance cycling/running) and want to build more
    > lean body mass, so I do not need heavy weights. I am hoping to be
    > able to get what I need w/ this set-up.
    > Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.
    > HC
    >

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am not familiar with the Select Tech but I have an 85 lb. Powerblock
    > Pro set with their stand and i am very happy with it.

    Dumbbells and a bench should work well for the OP (along with the proper
    movements). The PB is convenient, if not expensive. But if you've got the
    cash, go for it.

  4. Suze

    Suze Guest

    Quoting [email protected]:

    >Hi.
    >I have purchased a F/I/D bench and would like to get a nice dumbell
    >set. I am working in a space-saving mindset and wonder how folks like
    >the Powerblock?

    I've had the Powerblock pro rexan 5-45 lb. (50 lbs. per dumbbell
    w/adder weights) set for about a year now, and am extremely well
    pleased with it. Very well made, and switching weight really is as
    smooth and quick as claimed.

    The reason I picked this particular set at the time was because:

    [1] The two adder weights (metal cylinders) that can be placed in the
    base of each block, allowing one to change weight in 2.5 to 5 lb.
    increments if desired. Not all the sets have this feature.

    [2] Expandability potential. This particular set can be upgraded to
    up to 125# per block. Again, not all the sets have this feature so
    choose wisely.

  5. <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hi.
    > I have purchased a F/I/D bench and would like to get a nice dumbell
    > set. I am working in a space-saving mindset and wonder how folks like
    > the Powerblock? or the SelectTech? I am an endurance athlete(triathlon,
    > distance cycling/running) and want to build more lean body mass, so I
    > do not need heavy weights. I am hoping to be able to get what I need w/
    > this set-up.
    > Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.
    > HC

    I have a powerblock for sale on ebay. I out grew it. I got some big boy
    dumbbells from Ironmind