PowerBlock? SelectTech? Recommendations?

Hi.
I have purchased a F/I/D bench and would like to get a nice dumbell
set. I am working in a space-saving mindset and wonder how folks like
the Powerblock? or the SelectTech? I am an endurance athlete(triathlon,
distance cycling/running) and want to build more lean body mass, so I
do not need heavy weights. I am hoping to be able to get what I need w/
this set-up.
Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.
HC

Hi.
I have purchased a F/I/D bench and would like to get a nice dumbell
set. I am working in a space-saving mindset and wonder how folks like
the Powerblock? or the SelectTech? I am an endurance athlete(triathlon,
distance cycling/running) and want to build more lean body mass, so I
do not need heavy weights. I am hoping to be able to get what I need w/
this set-up.
Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.
HC

Hi,

I am not familiar with the Select Tech but I have an 85 lb. Powerblock
Pro set with their stand and i am very happy with it.

Jimmy

[email protected] wrote:
> Hi.
> I have purchased a F/I/D bench and would like to get a nice dumbell
> set. I am working in a space-saving mindset and wonder how folks like
> the Powerblock? or the SelectTech? I am an endurance
> athlete(triathlon, distance cycling/running) and want to build more
> lean body mass, so I do not need heavy weights. I am hoping to be
> able to get what I need w/ this set-up.
> Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.
> HC
>

> Hi,
>
> I am not familiar with the Select Tech but I have an 85 lb. Powerblock
> Pro set with their stand and i am very happy with it.

Dumbbells and a bench should work well for the OP (along with the proper
movements). The PB is convenient, if not expensive. But if you've got the
cash, go for it.

Quoting [email protected]:

>Hi.
>I have purchased a F/I/D bench and would like to get a nice dumbell
>set. I am working in a space-saving mindset and wonder how folks like
>the Powerblock?

I've had the Powerblock pro rexan 5-45 lb. (50 lbs. per dumbbell
w/adder weights) set for about a year now, and am extremely well
pleased with it. Very well made, and switching weight really is as
smooth and quick as claimed.

The reason I picked this particular set at the time was because:

[1] The two adder weights (metal cylinders) that can be placed in the
base of each block, allowing one to change weight in 2.5 to 5 lb.
increments if desired. Not all the sets have this feature.

[2] Expandability potential. This particular set can be upgraded to
up to 125# per block. Again, not all the sets have this feature so
choose wisely.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi.
> I have purchased a F/I/D bench and would like to get a nice dumbell
> set. I am working in a space-saving mindset and wonder how folks like
> the Powerblock? or the SelectTech? I am an endurance athlete(triathlon,
> distance cycling/running) and want to build more lean body mass, so I
> do not need heavy weights. I am hoping to be able to get what I need w/
> this set-up.
> Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.
> HC

I have a powerblock for sale on ebay. I out grew it. I got some big boy
dumbbells from Ironmind