Powerlink for Shimano chain?

Mike Iglesias

Guest
I bought a new bike (Lemond Zurich) and I'd like to know if there are Powerlinks (like the ones that
come with SRAM chains) that I can use with
it. I don't want to screw around with the stupid Shimano $5 pins, but I hate to toss a new chain if
I don't have to.

Thanks!

--
Mike Iglesias Email: [email protected] University of California, Irvine phone: 949-824-6926
Network & Academic Computing Services FAX: 949-824-2069

"Mike Iglesias" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I bought a new bike (Lemond Zurich) and I'd like to know if there are Powerlinks (like the ones
> that come with SRAM chains) that I can use with
> it. I don't want to screw around with the stupid Shimano $5 pins, but I hate to toss a new chain
> if I don't have to.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Mike Iglesias Email:
[email protected]
> University of California, Irvine phone: 949-824-6926 Network & Academic Computing Services FAX:
> 949-824-2069

Any SRAM 9-speed PowerLink should work fine. They work for me.

iglesias-<< I bought a new bike (Lemond Zurich) and I'd like to know if there are Powerlinks (like
the ones that come with SRAM chains) that I can use with
it. I don't want to screw around with the stupid Shimano $5 pins, but I hate to toss a new chain if
I don't have to.

Yep, gold SRAM link for 9s...

On 23 May 2003 05:06:19 GMT, [email protected] (Mike Iglesias) wrote:

>I bought a new bike (Lemond Zurich) and I'd like to know if there are Powerlinks (like the ones
>that come with SRAM chains) that I can use with
>it.

Just use the SRAM, 9sp, Gold link.

Why mess with imitations? get a Craig Super link III. It's made to better tolerances than your
_chain_ is.

I've used them on my Sh chains for over a decade now. Never once regretted it.

On Fri, 23 May 2003 21:19:01 -0400 (EDT), [email protected] (Chris Zacho "The Wheelman") wrote:

>Why mess with imitations? get a Craig Super link III. It's made to better tolerances than your
>_chain_ is.
>
>I've used them on my Sh chains for over a decade now. Never once regretted it.

I agree wholeheartedly except that Craig hasn't made the Super Link for years. Now manufactured by
Forster, but from all appearances the same fine product.