Powerlink for Shimano chain?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Mike Iglesias, May 22, 2003.

  1. I bought a new bike (Lemond Zurich) and I'd like to know if there are Powerlinks (like the ones that
    come with SRAM chains) that I can use with
    it. I don't want to screw around with the stupid Shimano $5 pins, but I hate to toss a new chain if
    I don't have to.

    Thanks!

    --
    Mike Iglesias Email: [email protected] University of California, Irvine phone: 949-824-6926
    Network & Academic Computing Services FAX: 949-824-2069

    Tags:

  2. "Mike Iglesias" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]ews.service.uci.edu...
    > I bought a new bike (Lemond Zurich) and I'd like to know if there are Powerlinks (like the ones
    > that come with SRAM chains) that I can use with
    > it. I don't want to screw around with the stupid Shimano $5 pins, but I hate to toss a new chain
    > if I don't have to.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > --
    > Mike Iglesias Email:
    [email protected]
    > University of California, Irvine phone: 949-824-6926 Network & Academic Computing Services FAX:
    > 949-824-2069

    Any SRAM 9-speed PowerLink should work fine. They work for me.

  3. iglesias-<< I bought a new bike (Lemond Zurich) and I'd like to know if there are Powerlinks (like
    the ones that come with SRAM chains) that I can use with
    it. I don't want to screw around with the stupid Shimano $5 pins, but I hate to toss a new chain if
    I don't have to.

    Yep, gold SRAM link for 9s...

  4. Paul Kopit

    Paul Kopit Guest

    On 23 May 2003 05:06:19 GMT, [email protected] (Mike Iglesias) wrote:

    >I bought a new bike (Lemond Zurich) and I'd like to know if there are Powerlinks (like the ones
    >that come with SRAM chains) that I can use with
    >it.

    Just use the SRAM, 9sp, Gold link.

  5. Why mess with imitations? get a Craig Super link III. It's made to better tolerances than your
    _chain_ is.

    I've used them on my Sh chains for over a decade now. Never once regretted it.

  6. John Everett

    John Everett Guest

    On Fri, 23 May 2003 21:19:01 -0400 (EDT), [email protected] (Chris Zacho "The Wheelman") wrote:

    >Why mess with imitations? get a Craig Super link III. It's made to better tolerances than your
    >_chain_ is.
    >
    >I've used them on my Sh chains for over a decade now. Never once regretted it.

    I agree wholeheartedly except that Craig hasn't made the Super Link for years. Now manufactured by
    Forster, but from all appearances the same fine product.