Powertap Data - Wrap Around

RidwarePhil

Oct 23, 2006
I have stupidly been using my power tap for a couple of weeks without downloading the data.

I downloaded the files last night and it appears that he most recent 5 or 6 days are missing.

I used the PT yesterday and it didnt display anything to indicate that the memory was full.

If the memory was full would it retain the oldest files or the most recent i.e. is my interpretation of the problem correct?

Is there any way I can get the old data back? I want to be 100% sure before I clear the PT.

Its a PT 2.4 if that makes any difference.

I think the answer is probably no - but advice please?

Phil

RidwarePhil said:
I have stupidly been using my power tap for a couple of weeks without downloading the data.

I downloaded the files last night and it appears that he most recent 5 or 6 days are missing.

I used the PT yesterday and it didnt display anything to indicate that the memory was full.

If the memory was full would it retain the oldest files or the most recent i.e. is my interpretation of the problem correct?

Is there any way I can get the old data back? I want to be 100% sure before I clear the PT.

Phil
the answer is no and the data that was retained would be the older files.

RidwarePhil said:

Phil
Once it's memory is full, it won't record any more. It won't overwrite data. Presumably it continues to display but not record data. There should be some form of warning (or obvious behaviour) but I don't think it's ever happened to me so I can't recall!

I had the same thing happen. Unfortunately your new data is lost. If you use Cycling Peaks WKO+, the time stamp that comes with the data is accurate.

If you watch the bottom line, after the memory is full it will periodically flash "FULL" for a couple seconds. It would be easy to miss if you're more paying attention to the road.

I think you have to manually clear it each time. I noticed it does parc the data based on when the data is recorded, so it's not one big string of data, but you need to clear it if you want to be sure you have sufficient memory for your ride.

Thanks guys

As I thought lost data - how stupid of me!:mad:

Just wanted to make sure before I cleared it again!