PowerTap heart rate monitor problems

OH-well is all I can say. I just rode two 2 hour rides without my PT and I feel naked!! I mean-what am I supposed to do when i get home f not DL data and analyze LOL!! My point being-even with HR monitor isssues-I'd still take my PT over not having it.

powertap said:
The wired system will benefit from this technology in March when we migrate to coded heart rate across all models.
Will the new 'coded' CPUs for the wired models work with current units ie can you purchase a new 'coded' CPU to replace the 'non coded' CPU

RapDaddyo said:
The permanent solution is the coded receiver that they put in the SL2.4......
Maybe not as it would depend on what frequency they will be coded at.

IIR Polar transmit at around 5Hz and whilst the signal rarely drops out, its not what I would call a stable readout in that of all the coded Polar units I've used, the HR will hang on a particular value and then drop after an indeterminate period of time to the real value. This interference can be caused by a lot of factors but I've found from past experience that placing my hand directly on the transmitter for 5-10 secs (to ground out any static charge) the values return to normal.

If the new PowerTap CPU operate at 5Hz then I would imagine that the same problem will occur.

If they go to 2.4GHz then we will also need to buy a new 2.4GHz transmitter (heart rate strap) but there should be no further problems (this is the direction Polar have taken with their new HRMs)

MY02_STi said:
If they go to 2.4GHz then we will also need to buy a new 2.4GHz transmitter (heart rate strap) but there should be no further problems (this is the direction Polar have taken with their new HRMs)
I can't find my notes on this at the moment, but I think I recall that this is the direction they are going. Yes, it would require a new HR strap.