Powertap Installation

MIHECH

Oct 3, 2007
Hello,

I´ve just got a new powertap SL and followed the saris manuals. There is no connection between the hub and the computer. What is wrong? Thanks for your help in advance.

MIHECH said:
Hello,

I´ve just got a new powertap SL and followed the saris manuals. There is no connection between the hub and the computer. What is wrong? Thanks for your help in advance.
In addition to the checks listed in the manual, double check that the computer really is in the pod. It takes quite a lot of force for the first few times. When you hear a 'click' you know it's in place.

I spent several hectic hours when I installed my Powertap, running to shop to get batteries, emailing to Saris, trying to move the receiver closer and further from the hub. It was really embarassing when I finally found out what it was all about :p.

For HR, make sure the belt/skin under is wet. Hold down both of the buttons until the screen says 'find'.

frost said:
In addition to the checks listed in the manual, double check that the computer really is in the pod. It takes quite a lot of force for the first few times. When you hear a 'click' you know it's in place.

I spent several hectic hours when I installed my Powertap, running to shop to get batteries, emailing to Saris, trying to move the receiver closer and further from the hub. It was really embarassing when I finally found out what it was all about :p.

For HR, make sure the belt/skin under is wet. Hold down both of the buttons until the screen says 'find'.
Thank you. Just to make sure, from which side of the harness should I attach the computer? In which direction should the shark fin receiver point? Should the cycleops inscription be on the inner side? I have tried it with a wet belt/skin and nothing happens. How frustrating, I pay so much and then nothing works as it should:mad:

MIHECH said:
Thank you. Just to make sure, from which side of the harness should I attach the computer? In which direction should the shark fin receiver point? Should the cycleops inscription be on the inner side? I have tried it with a wet belt/skin and nothing happens. How frustrating, I pay so much and then nothing works as it should:mad:

The computer goes to the harness so that the small metal contacts in the pod touch the similar in the computer.sliding from "up to down".you cannot put it wrong way.the shark fin direction doesn't matter just as long it is close enough.

I know the frustration.hope it turns to joy of wattage training : )

frost said:
The computer goes to the harness so that the small metal contacts in the pod touch the similar in the computer.sliding from "up to down".you cannot put it wrong way.the shark fin direction doesn't matter just as long it is close enough.

I know the frustration.hope it turns to joy of wattage training : )
You wont believe it, the same thing as happened to you happened to me. I am also a bit embarrased :), but nevertheless happy that almost everything works. What about the HR, the computer wont and wont show it :(.

MIHECH said:
You wont believe it, the same thing as happened to you happened to me. I am also a bit embarrased :), but nevertheless happy that almost everything works. What about the HR, the computer wont and wont show it :(.
biggrin.gif
Did you already do the workout? How did it feel? (assuming this is your first PM).

I've seen some threads concerning the HR, either here or in Wattage forum and if I recall right there has been problems with this function (try searching with eg. "powertap heart rate". You can also contact Saris. They have been very friendly and quick to answer.