Powertap Interval and More Training Files

Camoscio

Jan 3, 2006
Hi everyone
Next week I'll start to a bike-holiday for 6 days and I cannot download daily files.
Does the powertap memorize all my training in separated by-day files or it save all my training in a big File????
When I'll return at home and I'll download datas from powertap will I have separated files??
Thanks
Omar

It will record the dates as long as you don't use up all the 15 hours??? memory capacity. Otherwise, the computer can't record your ride data.

Camoscio said:
Hi everyone
Next week I'll start to a bike-holiday for 6 days and I cannot download daily files.
Does the powertap memorize all my training in separated by-day files or it save all my training in a big File????
When I'll return at home and I'll download datas from powertap will I have separated files??
Thanks
Omar

BlueJersey said:
It will record the dates as long as you don't use up all the 15 hours??? memory capacity. Otherwise, the computer can't record your ride data.
Ok BlueJersey but I want to know if it will record in separated by day files or in a unique file...
If I use it for 4 days will it record 4 separated files or when I'll download the data I'll have a unique file??
Thanks

It will. In fact, it records each workout in its own file, even on the same day, with couple of hours or minutes apart between sessions.

Camoscio said:
Ok BlueJersey but I want to know if it will record in separated by day files or in a unique file...
If I use it for 4 days will it record 4 separated files or when I'll download the data I'll have a unique file??
Thanks

BlueJersey said:
It will. In fact, it records each workout in its own file, even on the same day, with couple of hours or minutes apart between sessions.
Thanks.
But if I have more files in memory in PT display I'll see cumulative data or can I see daily trip, distance, time, etc???
Is there a method to see on PT display daily datas without clearing memory???
Thanks a lot
Omar

BlueJersey said:

Is there a trick to getting it to do this? I saw my data displayed as cumulative across several days last time I didn't clear the memory.

Roadie_scum said:
Is there a trick to getting it to do this? I saw my data displayed as cumulative across several days last time I didn't clear the memory.
Enter the next interval..you can start next day with zeros, but the previous intervals are still in memory.

Spunout said:
Enter the next interval..you can start next day with zeros, but the previous intervals are still in memory.
Excuse me Spunout... but what do I have to do to start with zeros on display without clearing data in PT memory??
If I press two buttons my PT goes to the next interval but doesn't start with zeros....
Thanks!

Camoscio said:
Excuse me Spunout... but what do I have to do to start with zeros on display without clearing data in PT memory??
If I press two buttons my PT goes to the next interval but doesn't start with zeros....
Hold down the Mode button for ~2 seconds to switch the display to the current interval only. The number of the interval will remain on the display on the left side.

Each day, hold down the Mode for ~2sec to switch to interval display, which will show the end of yesterday's ride. Then, start a new interval and it will zero the display for todays ride without clearing the memory. If you can make it 6 days without accidentally clearing the memory, I'll be amazed. ;)

If you just ride every day the rides will be in seperate files when you download. Then you don't run the risk of zeroing the cpu. The downside is you don't see zeros everyday. Not real hard to do the math in your head for ride time. Or figure it out before you start. And then you ride up to the new target time.