Powertap is recording time off bike?

cheezhead

Mar 15, 2006
I have a Powertap and I use Cycling Peaks to download my ride data before uploading the ride to Training Peaks.

I'm having a problem with Training Peaks counting time off the bike in the middle of a ride towards my total ride time. For example, if I go out and ride 2 hours, stop for 15 minutes, and then ride 2 more hours, the ride time on my Powertap computer at the end of the ride shows 4 hours, this is correct. When I download the ride to Cycling Peaks, Cycling Peaks shows my total ride time to be 4 hours, which is also correct. But then when I save the ride as a wko file and upload it Training Peaks, Training Peaks shows my ride time as 4 hours and 15 minutes. How can I correct this?

cheezhead said:
I have a Powertap and I use Cycling Peaks to download my ride data before uploading the ride to Training Peaks.

I'm having a problem with Training Peaks counting time off the bike in the middle of a ride towards my total ride time. For example, if I go out and ride 2 hours, stop for 15 minutes, and then ride 2 more hours, the ride time on my Powertap computer at the end of the ride shows 4 hours, this is correct. When I download the ride to Cycling Peaks, Cycling Peaks shows my total ride time to be 4 hours, which is also correct. But then when I save the ride as a wko file and upload it Training Peaks, Training Peaks shows my ride time as 4 hours and 15 minutes. How can I correct this?
Mine is only showing the ride time in TP. I download straight to CP from the PT and then Upload to TP. Only the ride time shows on my Daily Log in TP. - TF

This is one difference in the way the two systems operate. The issue will go away in time as we work to further synch the two products, but for now, it's "the way it is" when you stop during a workout. You can manually override the overall ride time on the Daily Log though as a workaround.

-Gear (trainingpeaks.com co-founder)

gearfish said:
This is one difference in the way the two systems operate. The issue will go away in time as we work to further synch the two products, but for now, it's "the way it is" when you stop during a workout. You can manually override the overall ride time on the Daily Log though as a workaround.

-Gear (trainingpeaks.com co-founder)
Now you have me confued.

I just picked a ride at random in CP with a total time on the graph of 5:32. There are 3 places where stops went past the 'sleep' time for a total of about 40 minutes. There are also a few shorter stops at stop lights, etc. where the speed goes to zero so it quits recording. The "Entire Ride" in CP is 4:33 and the time in my "Daily Log" in TP is also 4:33 - both the same and about 1 hour less than the total.

What is "the way it is"???

TF