PowerTap Link Errors, Alternatives

65cmFixie

Jul 26, 2004
My PowerTap Link software was working fine until a few days ago. Now when I try to download I get a pop-up with the following error:
Run-time error - '2147467259 (80004005)':
[Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed

I click the OK box and it closes the PowerTap link application. No data is downloaded. Here's my computer set-up:
PowerTap Pro 2.00
IBM ThinkPad T23 - PIII, 256MB RAM
Windows 2000, SP4

Anyone have a clue?

Also, I've heard of other PC programs for downloading, storing and manipulating PowerTap data. Anyone have any experience, opinions about those?

Thanks.

65cmFixie said:
My PowerTap Link software was working fine until a few days ago. Now when I try to download I get a pop-up with the following error:

I click the OK box and it closes the PowerTap link application. No data is downloaded. Here's my computer set-up:
PowerTap Pro 2.00
Windows 2000, SP4

Anyone have a clue?

Also, I've heard of other PC programs for downloading, storing and manipulating PowerTap data. Anyone have any experience, opinions about those?

Thanks.
Did you install or uninstall any software since the last time you used the software successfully? If you have, you need to undo that action using Windows's recovery process.

65cmFixie said:

PowerTap Pro 2.00
Windows 2000, SP4

Anyone have a clue?

Thanks.

If it's a software isuue, you can download using the file "ptapdl.exe" in the "com" folder within the PowerTap directory. Look also inside the "docs" folder for "ptapdl.txt" as it explains how to use the .exe.

If you need any guidance, give a shout; I use this method when I go away from home and it works perfectly. JS

65cmFixie said:

PowerTap Pro 2.00
Windows 2000, SP4

Anyone have a clue?

Thanks.
Also, if you backup the data directory, you can just reinstall the software.