PowerTap & Multiple Rides

Porkyboy

Apr 28, 2006
Hi

I've not tried this yet but am wondering what will happen when I do. If I don't download the PowerTap after a ride and then either ride again later in the day or the following day how is this data dealt with when the unit is downloaded into CyclingPeaks?

Just seems odd to me that the unit doesn't have a sort of stopwatch function where you start and finish a ride and the data clearly becomes another file, as is the case with HRMs.

May be a stupid question but I can't see how it works :confused:

Thanks.

PB

CP will recognise them as separate files.

Simply enter interval mode on the CPU and mark a new interval at the start of the next day's ride - you will then see all the data pertaining to that interval only.

Hi Alex

Alex Simmons said:
CP will recognise them as separate files.

Simply enter interval mode on the CPU and mark a new interval at the start of the next day's ride - you will then see all the data pertaining to that interval only.
Hmm... so all is not lost after all. I'm right in thinking I don't actually need to enter interval mode though I believe, I believe that mode is always "on" and all you have to do is hit both buttons at the same time?

Not sure how CP knows how this is a new ride and not just an interval (or a restart after a long rest) but I'll give it a go!

Cheers.

PB

Porkyboy said:
Hi Alex

Hmm... so all is not lost after all. I'm right in thinking I don't actually need to enter interval mode though I believe, I believe that mode is always "on" and all you have to do is hit both buttons at the same time?

Not sure how CP knows how this is a new ride and not just an interval (or a restart after a long rest) but I'll give it a go!

Cheers.

PB
Marking a new interval (by pressing both buttons together quickly) and being in interval mode are different things. When in interval mode, the display (time & distance elapsed, average and maximum speed, power, cadence) shows only values pertaining to the interval currently selected. When not in interval mode, it show values for all data currently stored in the CPU memory.