PowerTap problem

rayhuang said:
I replaced the computer battery and the batteries in the hub arent very old. Is this a hub battery issue?
Just because battieries aren't old doesn't mean they're any good. Replace the hub batteries with a fresh set. For me, unusual behaviour creeping in is usually a sign of batteries going. A fresh set does the trick normally.

Otherwise, talk to Saris, if you've done all the diagnostics you can, then you may just be unlucky and have an older hub with some problems. They will fix it/replace and return quickly - they have been excellent in that regard, even to me here in Australia.

Thanks again Alex-I replaced batteries in the CPU and Hub and no chnage. I hope its not serious. I hate being without my PT!!

Ray

Finally got round to shipping my PT back to Saris, who are now, hopefully doing the business - should have it back within the next couple of weeks (based in Britain so there's extra shipping time).

Really not enjoying being without it though! Though at least it's during a time of year when I'm doing more "base" type stuff, but still it's not good... Maybe it's time to see about picking up a spare hub...

Mike

Saris is sending me out a new receiver harness. Thats what they thought might be my issue with dropouts and ragged looking data. My receiver harness may be of an older style.

Whew-once again Saris CS comes through!!

Alex Simmons said:
Lucky buggers.

I hear that Trek Australia has now taken on the distribution of PTs here. So here's hoping we'll have a bit better local support. Previously it was abysmal.
Based on their support for their bikes I think (hope) we'll be fairly safe, but based on what they're selling the SL and SL 2.4 for, be prepared to pay for it tho' ;)

Well-the wiring harness didnt help. I still have no comm signal. Its either the new cpu already went bad or the hub-PLEASE not the hub!!

Well-like a broken record, got to give a shout out to Saris support again. I had comm problems and they had me send in my wheel after the new harness didnt help. I got it back quickly and with all new internals and cassette body. More than I had expected or asked for that is for sure. Also got a trick new wrench to pull of the plastic cover.

Ray

Just to update. Posted my hub back on Dec 28th, Once at Saris, it took a ttoal of 10 days for me to get it back! Brilliant! It would appear that the hub was toasted enough that they just sent me a new one!