Powertap service Ireland or UK

rikoshea

Sep 5, 2003
Hi,
does anyone know where to send a powertap to be serviced in Ireland or the UK?

Thanks & regards

rikoshea said:
Hi,

Thanks & regards
As far as I know, unless it's changed, there's nowhere. It's either the US or Prague :(

Q

Porkyboy said:
As far as I know, unless it's changed, there's nowhere. It's either the US or Prague :(

Q
Paligap can do the whole thing now I believe - sen this confirmed on another forum. :eek:

Hi

fearby said:
Paligap can do the whole thing now I believe - sen this confirmed on another forum. :eek:
That sounds like really good news to me, thanks for the info :)

Q

yes, Palligap Bristol UK are now geared up to service and repair powertaps

rikoshea said:
Hi,

Thanks & regards

What do you want to service ? If you just want to change the bearings I know a shop in Ireland that does it if you're living in IE. They have every tool in business and have been going for 25 years. They have changed my bearings + quite a few others. If it's recalibration etc then the UK is your only choice.

giannip said:
What do you want to service ? If you just want to change the bearings I know a shop in Ireland that does it if you're living in IE. They have every tool in business and have been going for 25 years. They have changed my bearings + quite a few others. If it's recalibration etc then the UK is your only choice.

Yes, I live in Dublin, Ireland.
Powertap creaks occasionally when climbing steep hills (very annoying). I assume the bearings need replacing.

rikoshea said:
Yes, I live in Dublin, Ireland.
Powertap creaks occasionally when climbing steep hills (very annoying). I assume the bearings need replacing.

Try The Bike Shop in Wexford. There's quite a few people around here using the PT now and so does Johnny (owner).

He'll be able to advise on what may be the issue.

Contact details are on the site, The Bike Shop - online bike shop