Powertap setup question

Discussion in 'Power Training' started by RedJuliette, Jun 3, 2016.

1. RedJuliette

RedJuliette New Member

So I ordered the powertap on a prebuilt wheel and a powertap joule computer that some posters kindly suggested. I got it from a respected outfit called wheel builder.

I have it here and even managed to pull off the cassette from my old wheel, put it on the new PT wheel along with a fresh tub and tire. I'm a novice rider but I put it all together after watching a few videos on Youtube on how to replace a cassette, etc.

Unfortunately the computer doesn't seem to turn on at all. I've pressed every button, i have pulled the battery (a round cr2032 one), and still nothing happens. I even plugged it in via USB to my pc and it just lists the powertap version (joule 18.057 Boot B2).

Any suggestions or thoughts?

I have already tried a known good CR2032 battery on the unit and it doesn't wake up or do anything regardless of what buttons I push.

Any other ideas? Do I have to do anything else with the hub and wheel?

I have checked on youtube and the saris/powertap site but there's no help and it seems the computer should turn on by pushing any button. I would call the company that sold it to me and/or powertap directly but of course the wheel just arrived tonight and those shops are closed until monday.

I was super excited to get my first ride with power in this weekend but that looks in doubt :(

#1 RedJuliette, Jun 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
    Tags:

2. RedJuliette

RedJuliette New Member

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to ask - the joule computer doesn't seem to work. Any chance I could use my Android device with an app to display power? If yes, then would you have any suggestions on how or which? I would be riding on a stationary liquid trainer from the kurt kinetic products.

3. RedJuliette

RedJuliette New Member

DOwnloaded wahoo fitness app, ant+, ant+ plugins, enabled bluetooth & wifi, i can see the powertap hub is on my list and it pairs with my phone but the Wahoo app doesn't seem to see it :(

4. smaryka

smaryka Member

Use a Garmin?

5. Bike4Him

Bike4Him New Member

Is it new? return it I have one for sale. Brand new warranty replacement. I use a Garmin now.