Powertap SL 2.4 Hub Battery Problem

MIHECH

Oct 3, 2007
Is it possible that after 6 months of not using my bicycle that the hub battery is low? The system worked perfectly 6 months ago, but today when I wanted to make a ride there was no transmission icon? Thanks in advance for your help. I kept my bike in my apppartment, so moisture is probably not the problem.

MIHECH said:
Is it possible that after 6 months of not using my bicycle that the hub battery is low? The system worked perfectly 6 months ago, but today when I wanted to make a ride there was no transmission icon? Thanks in advance for your help. I kept my bike in my apppartment, so moisture is probably not the problem.

I guess it depends on how low it was before you stopped using it. I'd try & have the head unit manually 'find' the hub's transmission (instruction book tells you how to do this) as mine has 'forgotten' the code before

Thanks, I see the Computer Setup 5, but as I get into the setup there are only Spd,Cd, Hr but no Hub ID. How can that be?

MIHECH said:
Thanks, I see the Computer Setup 5, but as I get into the setup there are only Spd,Cd, Hr but no Hub ID. How can that be?

Dunno, you've obviously got the instruction booklet....mine works as the booklet suggests it should.

Hitchy said:
Dunno, you've obviously got the instruction booklet....mine works as the booklet suggests it should.
Thanks Hitcy, I am such a fool:(. Got the wired SL, but with the SL 2.4 CPU, so thats why no Hub ID, changed the batteries everything working fine.