PowerTap SL 2.4 Touque Question/Problem?

Discussion in 'Power Training' started by gogoturtle, Mar 3, 2007.

1. gogoturtle

gogoturtle New Member

I am hoping that someone can point me towards some operator error so that I do not have to send my 2.4 back to Saris again.

Today I took my 2.4 out and noticed that the CPU was showing ZERO watts regardless of whether coasting/pedaling easily or uphill. The virtual cadence also read ZERO when pedaling. The CPU did show speed, the transmission indicator icon was present, and it picked up HR.

To try to fix this, I zeroed the torque, but CPU still showed zero for watts and cadence. I then looked to make sure that I had not somehow entered cyclocomputer mode. The top line showed watts and I had not touched the CPU since my last ride. So, I do not think that was the problem.

On a few extremely steep hills where I usually have to put out over 800 watts to get over with any speed, the CPU actually showed around 100 watts for a few instants. At a few of these points, I zeroed the torque again, but it did not help.

When I got home I downloaded the ride and my entire ride was at zero watts except for about 10 spots where I working hard uphill or at telephone pole sprints. My max power over 5 seconds was 103 watts.

I then put the CPU into test mode, and looked at test 3. The bottom line was 348 (vs the 512 average value in the manual) and the middle line correction value was 34.8 (oddly 10% of the zero point).

Any thoughts?

Tags:

2. Steve_B

Steve_B New Member

It's good that you did the test mode. I think you had better call Saris on this one.:(