PowerTap SL: getting files onto a Mac

Steelhead

Jun 17, 2004
Does anyone know if there is there a way to save ride files onto a Mac temporarily, so they're not lost (while I'm trying to decide how to go about getting a Windows system in my uncorrupted Mac household)??? I have the 2006, Version 2.41 with USB cradle. I've installed the driver for the computer's chip (FTDI non-intel USB driver version 2.1.6), but the PowerTap computer still doesn't show up on the desktop as a volume. Thanks in advance.

Steelhead said:
Does anyone know if there is there a way to save ride files onto a Mac temporarily, so they're not lost (while I'm trying to decide how to go about getting a Windows system in my uncorrupted Mac household)??? I have the 2006, Version 2.41 with USB cradle. I've installed the driver for the computer's chip (FTDI non-intel USB driver version 2.1.6), but the PowerTap computer still doesn't show up on the desktop as a volume. Thanks in advance.

there's no native way to do it with MacOS...I use virtual PC and cycling peaks on my G4, and parallels virtualization w/WinXP on my intel iMac.

thanks. I just learned from Saris that they're working on a Mac version of PowerAgent that they plan to release in October.

mr_mojo said:
there's no native way to do it with MacOS...I use virtual PC and cycling peaks on my G4, and parallels virtualization w/WinXP on my intel iMac.

Steelhead said:
Check out GoldenCheetah. It should work for you.

http://goldencheetah.org/

Sean