powertap sl hub reliability indoors

marmatt

Dec 28, 2005
Hi, I'm anxiously awaiting my first power meter and wondered if I should be concerned with damaging the hub while on the trainer this winter. It is a 07 power-tap on a zipp 303. I only ask because I have been advised to use a different skewer than my "race" skewer while riding the trainer in the past. Thanks

marmatt said:
Hi, I'm anxiously awaiting my first power meter and wondered if I should be concerned with damaging the hub while on the trainer this winter. It is a 07 power-tap on a zipp 303. I only ask because I have been advised to use a different skewer than my "race" skewer while riding the trainer in the past. Thanks
I suspect this has more to do with not damaging your own skewer in the clamps used by your trainer. Some trainers provide a skewer with ends specifically shaped to fit their trainer clamps. Your hub will be fine.

marmatt said:
I'd also consider getting one of the Continental Indoor Trainer tyres if the bike is going to stay in the trainer.