Powertap SL Q's HR problems

RidwarePhil

Oct 23, 2006
Following from my questions earlier in the week I am still having trouble getting my PT to find my HR sensor.

I tried holding both buttons down and performing a find with no success
I have replaced the battery in the PT unit and it still won't find it. (it finds the power sensor ok).

I have not replaced the battery in the chest strap but this a 2007 unit and was still in the original packaging when I recieved it (2nd hand). I guess that this is the next step.

Strap is tight and a little moist (as I used to have to do with my Polar strap for conductivity).

Am I doing something wrong or do you guys have other suggestions?
OR should I just change the battery?

Another simple question - Am I right in thinking that I can only store 1 file at a time on the PT unless I use intervals and then split them up after download.

Thanks Phil

It does say "2.4 coded" on the front of the strap, correct?

It may be that the strap is not the one originally shipped with the cpu. If this is the case you may have to 'learn' before you 'find'. See the instructions.

TF
RidwarePhil said:
Following from my questions earlier in the week I am still having trouble getting my PT to find my HR sensor.

I tried holding both buttons down and performing a find with no success
I have replaced the battery in the PT unit and it still won't find it. (it finds the power sensor ok).

I have not replaced the battery in the chest strap but this a 2007 unit and was still in the original packaging when I recieved it (2nd hand). I guess that this is the next step.

Strap is tight and a little moist (as I used to have to do with my Polar strap for conductivity).

Am I doing something wrong or do you guys have other suggestions?
OR should I just change the battery?

Another simple question - Am I right in thinking that I can only store 1 file at a time on the PT unless I use intervals and then split them up after download.

Thanks Phil

Terry thanks - I hadn'y got as far as the 'learn' bit - I thought that the 'find' would cover both bases

All sorted now thanks