Powertap SL receiver/cadence wire

Austin Flyer

May 5, 2007
Can someone tell me the best way to run the receiver/cadence wire for the Powertap SL? I mounted mine with the provided zip ties, but I don't know if there's possibly a better way to do this? I want to avoid possible snags or other events that could jeapordize the integrity of the wires.

I use the sticky ties on the downtube, zip ties on the chainstay. Wrap the extra length on a cable coming up to the stem.

For a clean look you can use the provided clear tape strips on the downtube and wrap the wires in electrical tape and then zip tie them to the chainstay. another option on the chainstay is to use just electrical tape. But of course frame color plays a part if aesthetics is important to you.

On my TT bike I used a product known as helicopter tape (A heavy duty tape used on leading edges of wings and propellers) to secure the two wires to the leading edge of my aero tubed frame.

Austin Flyer said:
Can someone tell me the best way to run the receiver/cadence wire for the Powertap SL? I mounted mine with the provided zip ties, but I don't know if there's possibly a better way to do this? I want to avoid possible snags or other events that could jeapordize the integrity of the wires.
Stumbled across this a while ago :cool: http://stevenwagner.typepad.com/powertapgeek/2007/03/how_to_mount_a_.html and I've since done both my bikes this way - keeps all the wiring well out of the way. Hope this helps :)